Viewing 7 posts - 161 through 167 (of 167 total)
  • Great TV shows that i ve never seen repeated..
  • landofgiants
    Free Member

Dave Allen. Best comedian bar Billy Connelly. Never on tv.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Green Wing is on 4OD under collections tab. My favourite tv series of all time.

antimony
    Free Member

Anyone remember “packet of three” with Frank Skinner, Jenny Eclair and Henry Normal?
    Another favourite of my late teenage years was “Nightingales” with Robert Lindsay, David Threlfall, James Ellis.
    – “Is there anybody there? There’s nobody here but us chickens!”
    Classic.

mikey74
    Free Member

Surprisingly, the tv series actually came first and was then adapted into a book. It was excellent though and would love to see it again. It has recently been made into a radio series and is on radio 4 this Christmas.

Neil Gaiman didn’t think so. The reason he wrote the book was because he felt the BBC adaptation of his screenplay was awful.

+1 for MASH being the greatest tv show ever devised, although it is repeated a lot and therefore doesn’t fit into this thread.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Plebs and 15 Stories.
    Both utter underated classics.

user-removed
    Free Member

Great thread – together with the childhood food thread, I’m on a right nostalgia trip.

Anyhoo, Brandon Chase by BB was serialised when I was a kid and it was easily the best kid’s programme on the telly. Saw a guy selling it on a dodgy website but trialled a series of MR James adaptations which turned up fine – went back for Brandon Chase and the website had vanished 🙁

johndoh
    Free Member

La Cabina

Viewing 7 posts - 161 through 167 (of 167 total)

The topic ‘Great TV shows that i ve never seen repeated..’ is closed to new replies.