Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Great ride well off-piste at Ae today with Trekster – photos
  • simonralli2
    Free Member

Had a really brilliant, if exhausting and quite chilly ride with Trekster today. I am not too sure if you could call this off-piste at Ae, but this loop can certainly be tacked on to the very north part of the red route for an epic day out if you wanted.

Here is near the start. We are going to cross the river in the far distance, go up one side of the valley, then we will come back on the right hand side.

IMG_3636 by simon ralli, on Flickr

DSCN2962 by simon ralli, on Flickr

Steeper than it looks – there is a fair bit of hiking to get up to the higher tracks

IMG_3645 by simon ralli, on Flickr

After quite a bit of pushing by me, John then went to look for the way down

IMG_3653 by simon ralli, on Flickr

Here it is

IMG_3655 by simon ralli, on Flickr

Stopped half way down for some shelter and cake and a cup of tea

IMG_3659 by simon ralli, on Flickr

And then we continued

DSCN2975 by simon ralli, on Flickr

14th March by simon ralli, on Flickr

DSCN2982 by simon ralli, on Flickr

Stopped off for more tea and snacks

DSCN2997 by simon ralli, on Flickr

Here you can see the bridge we crossed on the way out, and the track at the top of the hill which we took.

IMG_3675 by simon ralli, on Flickr

And then a nice downhill back to the farm where we had parked

DSCN3007 by simon ralli, on Flickr

DSCN3011 by simon ralli, on Flickr

Full set of photos here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/simonralli/sets/72157629583767087/

bellerophon
    Free Member

Looks good that 🙂

defaultslipper
    Free Member

Nice one, looks a bit further out than last time. Is that the track in the distance you can see from wee queensberry?

Trekster

Aye. Easy enough to drop down to that wee bridge at the T-junction when coming off Wee Queensberry. Shepherds are touring the hills(with shotguns!)so quad tracks may be getting bedded in again.
    There is a “walk” marked on the OS map which goes up to the left nearer the end of Branburn Bash which could be substituted for the Wee Queensberry hike 💡
    Next trip will be to find out where that road terminates, think I know, just got to prove it.

simonralli2
    Free Member

This is where we were. As Trekster said, there are a lot of quad bike tracks which do not show up on the map – so lots of potential loops up there.

IMG_3680 by simon ralli, on Flickr

mrgoll
    Free Member

That looks fantastic – I bet those moors make for some heavy pedalling when wet! I’m pretty sure I would get myself into big trouble out there. 😀

Fantastic job on the photos, and the words. Today, I went riding in Scotland from my desk. Readers Rides. Brilliant. Thank you!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Great ride well off-piste at Ae today with Trekster – photos’ is closed to new replies.