Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Great place to stay near Afan
  • charliedontsurf

Just got back from a new place near Afan called depot rd. (just letting you guys know… Not selling anything)

it’s a converted chapel, and is a bit like the big brother house… Amazing quality accommodation, ace kitchen, awesome showers, secure bike lock up…. Etc.

It works out at just over £20 per person per night if you fill it with your mates.

Riding rigid at Afan is damned hard on your body, but a hot shower, a few glasses of wine, ace food, big comfy sofas put me right.

The under floor heating is lush.

Here is a link… http://www.depotrd.co.uk/

Ewan the guy who runs it rides bikes, can cook real well… And is a cool host.

kayak23

Looks good. Interesting decor…

charliedontsurf

The decor was very interesting: coat hooks made from plumbing, lamps from u-boats, and taps so clever it took a moment to figure how to turn them on.

wrecker
    Free Member

Looks really nice, great idea but……..4 night stays.
    Without some local knowledge, there’s never 4 or even 3 days riding at Afan.

charliedontsurf

Afan is set in a load of mountains, so there is easily weeks of riding after the trail centre is exhausted.

Ewan has dead handy with local trail tips. There are loads of maps and guides in the depot road house.

Or head south and explore the grower coast.

fandango
    Free Member

Shed loads of riding in the area! You have the trail centres (not just Afan), the beacons, Gower, plus road stuff if needed.

wrecker
    Free Member

Afan is set in a load of mountains, so there is easily weeks of riding after the trail centre is exhausted.

There are no mountains in Afan. plenty of riding, but local knowledge is required (as stated).

charliedontsurf

There are no mountains in Afan.

eh? the hills are around 1500 feet… a mountain is 1000 feet. Am I being thick or have i missed something?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Great place to stay near Afan’ is closed to new replies.