Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Great new e-van (contains classic Morris styling)
  • epicyclo

It amazes me the kitcar manufacturers haven’t seen an opportunity in the van market.

How many otherwise decent Transits get scrapped because of rust yet have good solid mechanicals?

A fibreglass van body would be ideal for a camper project.

weeksy

a tad steep ? Jeeeez. I’m doing something wrong in life then if a £60k van is only a tad steep.

ThePinkster

They’ll be using the British kit car laws that allow production of up to 200 a year without crash tests etc..

CEO and founder Dr Qu Li told Autocar that the production plan is for 1000 units annually for the panel van,

Answers that one, then.

Edukator
    Free Member

Not really, Pinkster. There is no mention of the legal framework in which the vehicle wil be offered for sale. I tried googling “type approval” along with j-type electric van and you know how many reponses fitted? Zero.

An approval issued by one Authority will be accepted in all the Member States.[5] If a vehicle is produced in a very small quantity (e.g. M1 maximum 75 per year), single EU Member States can grant exception on a discretionary basis, however the validity of the Type Approval is limited to the boundaries of those Nations which concede to it.[6]

As of 2020 there is an obligation on the part of EU states to withdraw non-comliant cars from the road. Things get stricter:

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/MEMO_18_3652

The only way that Morris can produce a 1000 a year is to get type approval for it, unless Brexit. And for type approval they need a huge pile of cash and a vehicle that complies.

funkmasterp

a tad steep ? Jeeeez. I’m doing something wrong in life then if a £60k van is only a tad steep.

I just like the word. For balance my last car was £800 and is still going strong after six years. The joys of having a retired mechanic as your FiL. I begrudged spending that. Almost equates to a nice hardtail.

ElShalimo

I know, you could get a really nice hardtail for £60k

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Great new e-van (contains classic Morris styling)’ is closed to new replies.