Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Great Little Route
  • excitable1
    Free Member

I was in a complete CBA mood yesterday and this morning. I plotted a route combining a few bits I know around Ings and Ambleside at 11pm last night but still CBA and really struggled to get out of bed this morning, even contemplated not going (which is not like me at all)….

Made it to Ings for 10pm and did; Ings; up past Dodds Reservoir; Down to the campsite(good descent); up past the church to Troutbeck(round of applause from school kids); Skelghill Wood (great descent); through Ambleside; South side of Loughrigg Fell (nice descent); Oxen Fell; Quarry Wood(slate is always good fun); Something pass (can’t remember the name)good descent)) to Little Langdale; Birchill Wood; Rydal water; back through Ambleside; Newclose Wood; Scarr Wood; Ings. – 52k

I don’t know what it was but the whole route felt great. Every bit of climbing was rewarded with something down hill, and it wasn’t just walker friendly gravel paths either, some of the descents were quite gnarly but could be taken at speed. Some of the BW’s are rarely used and quite overgrown and it felt like you off the usual trails (not round Loughrigg and Oxen, I know).

Maybe it was because it didn’t rain and I didn’t come home covered in shite but it just seem to link up really well !

GPX available if anyone wants it. Just drop us an e-mail.

excitable1
    Free Member

Thanks also to the chap (and his wife or girl friend)on the turquoise Yeti at the top of Loughrigg Terrace for providing some directions – I was having some Garmin trouble.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Great Little Route’ is closed to new replies.