Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Great day at the Sam houghton challenge, stavley. Anybody else?
  • bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Had a great ride in glorious weather today, trails were bone dry and the fastest I’ve seen them. First time I’ve done anything like this and really enjoyed it, great atmosphere with everyone in a good mood. Did the 46k long route taking in Garburn pass ( the wrong way IMO ) Managed to get round in 3hr 10min which considering my bike ( a 32lb nomad)isn’t really suited for this kinda thing I’m more than happy with. Anybody else do it today ?

samcamsdad

That’s a good time for a hot day like today.
    I snapped my chain 2 minutes in, and struggled from then on!
    Wife punctured at top of garburn, while nob head here was at the bottom with our pump! So I had to walk all the way back up.
    Took us 5 hours, my slowest ever time, and now my legs hurt.
    But still a great event, and enjoyed every minute.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Bad luck on the chain. Did you here what happened to the guy who got taken away in the ambulance at the finish line ? It looked to me it was heat exhaustion but I’m no doctor. Healing vibes to him. Like I said above it was the first time I’ve done anything like this but I’ll definitely be back next year, really enjoyed it.

samcamsdad

Not heard about the guy at the finish line. I think a few struggled with the heat.

vickypea
    Free Member

We had a great day at the SHC yesterday. It was my 4th time (long course) and finally managed to break the pattern of somehow doing an incredibly slow time of 5 h 30 and coming last. We did 4h 29, including 20 min stop for 2 punctures coming down the Garburn! A great day out!

sefton
    Free Member

bloody great event, in fact one of the best events I’ve done. superb route and beautiful weather.

good result with 1st long mixed group)

big thanks to all the organisers. what a well organised event. only wish I would have took some more cake!

samcamsdad

Full results and pics can now be linked from the sam houghton home page.
    Think my legs are starting to feel normal again now!
    Great turn out again, and hopefully raised loads of cash.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Just looked up the results, came 12th in the long solo male (93 entries) , 14th of all the long course entrants (150) well happy with that considering it was my first time doing any event like this. 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Great day at the Sam houghton challenge, stavley. Anybody else?’ is closed to new replies.