Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Great customer service from a real bike shop …I think.
  • tricky-dicky
    Free Member

so I’ve been trying to buy a new hard tail over the last few weeks.

all the usual suspects tried. Direct supply ie Cotic, CRC, Evans , Bird and Alpkit  etc. no joy.

I ended up at a good old fashioned bike shop. Guess what…… great service, great advice……and no they actually stocked the bike I wanted…. And in my size.

Plus they were prepared to do a deal on price so I managed a better spec than my budget would have allowed.

I ordered Monday night,  despatched yesterday and delivered without a hitch today via Rm 48 ahead of schedule.

Thank you Moose Cycles.

one happy customer.

Thats it…..

Richard

survivor

I don’t think it’ll catch on. Sounds like a lot effort involved there!

bukobuko
    Free Member

Sure you cant find anything negative for a long winded no point conversation lol sound really nice proper bike shop, website is very good to. www.moosecycles.com

kilo

Moose are my lbs, Very good shop and people . Unusual for London in being predominantly a mtb shop

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

And I’m in Preston in the north!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Is Greg still running the place? One of the good guys.

happysv
    Free Member

Wasn’t a Whyte 905 in large was it ?

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Yes it was think I spoke to you on phone Tuesday am. Confirmed my suspicions you are one of the good guys!

rOcKeTdOg

I ended up at a good old fashioned bike shop

I ordered Monday night,  despatched yesterday and delivered without a hitch today via Rm 48 ahead of schedule.

If you were there why didn’t you take it with you?

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Via the web and telephone great service

IdleJon

all the usual suspects tried. Direct supply ie Cotic, CRC, Evans , Bird and Alpkit  etc. no joy.

Why couldn’t they provide a suitable bike?

rene59
    Free Member

I ended up at a good old fashioned bike shop.

Via the web and telephone great service

Lol. So you weren’t actually at the shop? In that case Cotic, CRC, Evans , Bird and Alpkit are probably someones good old fashioned bike shop as well.

scuttler

Plenty of online retailers are ‘LBS’. Ones I’ve used recently – Sunset, Winstanleys, Tredz. It’s only a ‘real’ LBS if you walk through the door. If I’m buying online from someone I’ve not used before I usually check to see if they are a real shop or an dedicated online retailer.

PrinceJohn

Am curious…

so I’ve been trying to buy a new hard tail over the last few weeks.

Fair enough – of those one CRC & Evans stock bikes that they don’t make.

I ended up at a good old fashioned bike shop. Guess what…… great service, great advice……and no they actually stocked the bike I wanted…. And in my size.

That’s cool, but if you didn’t want a Cotic, a Bird, or a Alpkit why did you try them? Sorry if this comes of dickish, but I’m generally curious…

Also – we need pictures 🙂

tdog
    Free Member

Any clues as to what it is

tartanscarf

Saw a great deal on the wrong size bike in a shop in Newcastle. Phoned my LBS, told them and they matched the price for the latest model. Win all round!

rOcKeTdOg

Saw a great deal on the wrong size bike in a shop in Newcastle. Phoned my LBS, told them and they matched the price for the latest model. Win all round!

You bought the latest model of the wrong sized bike?

Rockhopper
    Free Member

If it is a Whyte 905 a shim cut from a beer can helps to stop the seat post constantly slipping down…

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Great customer service from a real bike shop …I think.’ is closed to new replies.