Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Grease?
  • duckers
    Free Member

About to service my bike, need some new grease for cup and cone, what are people using and where from? looking to do SPD’s, headset (think its C&C but haven’t took it apart yet), everything else is sealed cartridge bearings.

allthepies
    Free Member

Did my SPD’s today and used Finish line teflon grease.

eskay

For the UK temperatures and riding loads standard mineral grease is fine for most applications.

Marketing will tell you that it has to be Teflon loaded, silicone etc but you can spend lots on special greases for no real return.

The main selection criteria should be based on the seal material. For natural rubber seals use synthetic based greases. For silicone based seals use non-silicone greases (mineral based).

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Finish Line +1 – From Halfrauds.

duckers
    Free Member

Currently got enough Finish Line left for one SPD 🙁
    Must admit I’ve used that for a while and had no issues, previously used “Black Gold” (way back in the 90’s, try getting that out of your white shell suit) and Pace luminous green stuff (like a stick and more visible “Smart Water”), and thought by now science would have come up with the ultimate re-grease-one-a-millennium compound. Maybe they have and maybe its just vaseline 😉

JAG

Standard automotive grease is much better than you imagine.

I wouldn’t use anything else 😆

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Standard automotive grease is much better than you imagine.

This. I actually use Morris K99 as it’s more water resistant.

jamiep
    Free Member

A big pot of bearing grease for £5-6 from Halfords

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Grease?’ is closed to new replies.