Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Grazing let, landlord has let some else put sheep on it!
  • scaredypants

it appears you made clear.

Rammed home, I’d say – still, OP doesn’t want to get fleeced, does he ?

CountZero

You agreed to pay the rent and have stated you’ve no use for the land so lost nothing.

Have a bit of a think about why you are upset given above?

The £70 for the last month isn’t exactly nothing. I guess you’re so well off you can just let that go, but it’s still £70 that the Landlord has made twice over.

timber

The OP still has grass rights on it, stock or not, could be growing it on for baleing.

Matt is about on it with the congratulation for reletting, but with maybe an extra dig for bales that you now won’t be baleing and are now out of pocket for?
    If you want a dog, you have to start by asking for a horse.

tonyf1
    Free Member

The £70 for the last month isn’t exactly nothing. I guess you’re so well off you can just let that go, but it’s still £70 that the Landlord has made twice over.

Given mention of ponies in the plural I’d hazard a guess it’s not a money thing.

pk13

We all need good neighbors.

jekkyl

Is his wife fit?

ElShalimo

I think a good horse butcher can solve the longer term problem

nparker

Perhaps he’s planning to exercise his sporting rights with the sheep?

mrsheen
    Free Member

Extend the hand of friendship. Bake him a cake, put the kettle on and treat him to high tea. He sounds an angry man who just needs to be loved.

Cougar

He sounds an angry man who just needs to be loved.

Send him over to the forum, he’d fit right in.

batfink
    Free Member

I think if I was speaking to him anyway, I might say: “oh, I see you’ve managed to find a tenant for the field then?”, and see what he says.

But otherwise I’d probably just let it go, to be honest.

You haven’t lost anything – that 70 quid was already spent. And you don’t even know if the landlord HAS actually rented it out, or if he’s just letting somebody park (sorry, not sure of the appropriate agricultural term) their sheep there for a few weeks. Maybe they’re his sheep?

bigrich

weedkiller and draw a giant cock’n’balls

ElShalimo

Breed some giant eagles and train them to eat the sheep in “your” field.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Grazing let, landlord has let some else put sheep on it!’ is closed to new replies.