Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Gravity dropper remote
  • Gotama
    Free Member

If I want to run it on the left side under the bars do I order a right hand remote and flip it as per the reverb or just a left side remote? Ta

warpcow
    Free Member

Yes.

scottfitz
    Free Member

That’s how I run mine not sure why anyone would run it anywhere else. 🙂

Simon

You’ll need a right hand remote lever, but unless you’ve got a 1x gear set up it’ll be hard to mount it under the bars as the shifter will be in the way.
    Having said that on my 1×10 hardtail I’m using a LH lever on the top of the bars on the left, I think I tried a rh lever underneath but the brake got in the way.

Gotama
    Free Member

1×10 so no gears to worry about. Just got to find a right hand lever 27.2 in stock now. Ta

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Convert a front shifter if you have one in the spares box, it’s free & ergonomic 🙂

Andy-R

I never liked the idea of using a RH one under the bars on the LH side – they’re not the most knee-friendly looking things

warpcow
    Free Member

This is true (though not the knee in my case, I have a just-healed hole in my left thigh that proves their unfriendliness though). I’d still do it though as the ergonomics of it on top of the bar are shocking, for me anyway.

Andy-R

2unfit2ride – Member
    Convert a front shifter if you have one in the spares box, it’s free & ergonomic

The nipple will be at the wrong end though, it needs to be at the seatpost end.

zero-cool
    Free Member

Plus 1 for modified front shifter. Shimano/SRAM have spent a lot more money making comfortable shifters compared to seat post remotes.
    Also free if you have one spare

Tom kp

dudeofdoom

Deleted post thinking of wrong dropper 🙂

chiefgrooveguru

I never liked the idea of using a RH one under the bars on the LH side – they’re not the most knee-friendly looking things

It’s far less frightening than the Thomson “screwdriver in the kneecap” design!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Gravity dropper remote’ is closed to new replies.