Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Graves to ride a Yeti SB66 in PMB!
  • Deveron53
    Free Member

Looks interesting, there are a lot of departures from the ‘norm’ of 26 inch wheeled DH rigs this weekend. I haven’t bothered watching UCI DH this year but defo glued to the coverage this time!

Vital MTB article

Here’s the link to the coverage to save hunting around for it:

Redbull TV UCI DH link

turbo1397
    Free Member

I notice it says 2pm sun.. would this be S.A 2pm or GMT?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Spotted at least one bike with a dropper in some of the pre-race pics.

jairaj

Didn’t the riders do something similar a a few years back? I think Sam hill was riding a SX trail and possibly the Santa Cruz riders used a Nomad or some other long travel bike not a full on DH bike.

Can remember who won though and if was a DH bike or not? Will be interesting to which type of bike is better for this track.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That was in Oz, wasn’t it?

legend
    Free Member

yup, Canberra (Stromlo). Peaty won on a standard(ish) V-10, with Minnaar in 2nd on another V-10

Droppers have been done before at PMB, Graves wont be worrying the big guns too much I reckon, Stevie Smith’s Devinci is a bit more interesting though

jairaj

Isn’t the new GT DH bike meant to pedal better than the old one. I wonder if Gee and Rechel will feel the need to step down to a smaller travel bike or not?

chakaping
    Free Member

Graves wont be worrying the big guns too much I reckon,

He was on the podium last time he raced there if memory serves.

Better do good again as I’ve just drafted him into my Fantasy Downhill team.

turbo1397
    Free Member

Can anyone tell me what time this is on? I’ll be watching it in Greece which is 2hrs ahead of uk time..

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Graves wont be worrying the big guns too much I reckon,

On a track with a lot of pedalling and some big jumps the former 4x man, who was 2nd in the Enduro World Series and was competing in XCO & DH at the Oz nationals (raced XCO finals to finish 7th then later that evening qualified 1st or 2nd the finished 2nd just behind Mick Hannah in the DH)

Dark horse but a good shout for a decent result.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Beaumont sounded depressed and complaining about a pedalling problem with the bike, but won’t say what. Rach’s timed run was blinding. It’s a race of racers and the bike selection fandango is rather irrelevant IMO

gaz552
    Free Member

Did he say he was running 180mm forks up front? I would have thought that would be well out of the range for an SB-66 and would alter the head-angle a lot too.

JCL
    Free Member

50kph over 60ft tables is well out of range for an SB66 too.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

He doesn’t seem to agree with you….

Rorschach
    Free Member

Big woop….Mitch Ropelato is riding this

kimbers

turbo1397 – Member
    Can anyone tell me what time this is on? I’ll be watching it in Greece which is 2hrs ahead of uk time..

starts 1pm UK time

andyrm
    Free Member

Makes loads of sense – it’s a fast, pedally course and Graves has shown phenomenal ability in the EWS this year, especially when it comes to getting power down. At the last round, he almost caught Jerome Clementz on a stage – practically on his wheel at the finish line, so must have been going ridiculously fast given Clementz’s massive gap on everyone else in the EWS.

I reckon Graves could cause quite an upset – will be tuning in to see what he does!

🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Graves to ride a Yeti SB66 in PMB!’ is closed to new replies.