Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Gravel(ish) ride from south of Dunstable
  • Splash-man
    Free Member

I’m staying on the southern side of Dunstable on Tuesday and was looking to see if there were any mixed surface routes around the area.

I’m looking to ride out from the hotel so needs to be fairly close.

Is it worth me chucking the bike in the back of the car ?

senorj

Have a look at the chilterns cycle way & a map . The cycleway is quiet lane ,tarmac and there are loads of b ways off it if you look. I ride usually on the Eastern side….loads of stuff 🙂

Splash-man
    Free Member

Thanks, I’ll take a look

jameso

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/28903944

Here you go – it’s an area I ride often. Includes Sewell Greenway out of Dunstable, up Ivinghoe beacon, the Chiltern Cyleway section through the Ashridge estate and a couple of other tracks. Nice views from the Downs on the way back to Dunstable. A best-of in 38km.

Splash-man
    Free Member

That’s great @jameso

Looks just what im after, cheers.

ampthill

James (or an one else) still using Nano raptors for this sort of on off road Chilterns ride at this time of year?

jameso

So, any good?

Ampthill, I liked Nano 40s (and 29 x 2.1s) around here all year round. They’re no mud tyre but they cope well, predictable and clear OK. Nano 40s are better in the mud than almost all others that are meant as a good summer/road option. Saguaros are OK in that way but clog more. Heard good things about 40mm Resolutes.

Splash-man
    Free Member

@jameso

All good cheers, apart from the puncture I managed to get by Ivinghoe Beacon.

Need to go back and do it in the daylight to appreciate the views 🙂

ampthill

Thanks James

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Gravel(ish) ride from south of Dunstable’ is closed to new replies.