Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Gravel rides: Oregon and/or Washington
  • markgraylish
    Free Member

Long shot, I guess but STW usually comes up trumps…

Can anyone recommend some good (scenic!) rides in Oregon or Washington?

I’m not after anything too epic (4ish hours/no more than 1500m vert/up to 80km?). Some smooth singletrack or tarmac is ok as well.
    Preferably loops but out-an-back is Ok (ie no point-to-point as I’m not bike-packing).

Suitable for late September/early October.

(FWIW: I’ll be riding a Specialized Diverge with 47mm tyres and I’ll have a car so can move around if needed)

rone

I’ve done some stuff around Bend – let me check my maps and see what I can come up with.

kerley
    Free Member

Have a look at Dustin Klein on YouTube, I think his friend Ron recently put some routes on there.

boardmanfs18

Applegate lake is a nice ride round a lake but might be too far south for you, as its near Ashland.

STL

A couple of days of the Oregon Trail Gravel Grinder race are loops, have a look at their website for ideas?

markgraylish
    Free Member

So, answering my own question Our Mother The Mountain and Dirty Freehub both seem reasonably good resources for anyone planning gravel rides in Oregon or Washington, though I’m still overwhelmed by the sheer number of options available..

markgraylish
    Free Member

Have a look at Dustin Klein on YouTube, I think his friend Ron recently put some routes on there.

Thanks, Ive checked a couple of samples of his videos though his “style” is somewhat Marmite. Anyway, it seems as though his mate Ron is the guy behind OMTM.cc above…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.