Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Gravel curious, frameset recommendations
  • sssimon
    Free Member

Have done 500 mile on my road bike this year, and most of these were pent thinking the roads were woeful in Donegal and Wicklow so thinking it’s time to reconsolidate and build an all rounder.

So…. requirements

700c, 15*100 and 142*12mm axles, 27.2mm post, carbon fork

And if possible

Steel and either sliding dropouts or pf/bb30 so I can run it 1*11 or singlespeed

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Thats quite niche, cant think of many that have ss capability and a gear hanger, or bb30 and steel.

More options if you go BSA BB and an exentricer, or white industries rear hub (but requires an IS brake mount i think).

anagallis_arvensis

I have a Spesh Diverge, the comfort on and offroad from the future shock is great, not steel though and more road gravel than monster cross.

k1100t
    Free Member

NS Bikes RAG+, ali frame, full carbon fork, 15mm front and 12mm rear thru-axles, doesn’t have sliding drop outs or push fit BB though.

hatter

Genesis Fugio, no EBB and 12 mm front but ticks the other boxes.

slackboy

Sounds like you want a Shand Stooshie

Bit pricey though

swanny853

I was going to say bombtrack hook, but they’ve switched to a T47 bb. Brother cycles mehteh has bolt in dropouts so it could be worth emailing them about ss options if they’re a standard fit?

Otherwise, surely got to be something by salsa?

Sven

Something by Soma Fabrications, they have a few steel frames with sliding dropouts, not cheap, but not Boutique expensive…
    Sven

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Nomine, just looking. 😛

Singlebe Sunset Glow gravel bike (build shown listed as 8.5kg)

Dedacciai Zero / 725 14 mm s.stays / ZeroUno CS

rOcKeTdOg

700c, 15*100 and 142*12mm axles, 27.2mm post, carbon fork

And if possible

Steel and either sliding dropouts

Trek checkpoint ALR has all those for about £800 apart from the front axle which is 12mm

Scratch that, it’s aluminium

martinkiely
    Free Member

You can get a 15mm to 12mm converter – basically an alu tube that reduces the axle to 12mm – just got one to use my Mavic Crosrides on a Sonder Camino as it has a 12mm front axle.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Gravel curious, frameset recommendations’ is closed to new replies.