Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Gravel bike pedals.
  • honourablegeorge

OneUp composite flats. Because flats

kiwijohn

Time single sided clips, so I can ride to the shops.
    & they’re dirt cheap.

plus-one

How long before we get gravel specific pedals 😉

reggiegasket
    Free Member

XTR race

Caher

I use SHIMANO PD-EH500. Spikey one side clip in the other.

mashr

CB Eggbeater 2s. Corroded bearing surface within half a dozen manky CX races but fixed with a new axle. No i’m not recommending even the the actual performance is very good

burko73

I use either eggbeaters or the one sided crank bros half flat half clipped pedal. Useful in summer on holiday, more relaxed riding and you want to pop to the shops in your flip flops etc.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve got Candys or Eggbeaters on all of my bikes. I have had a couple fail when the outer bearing collapsed, but it wouldn’t have happened if I’d done even a little bit of maintenance. Both were fixed with the £16 service kit. So I’d say yes, it’s safe.

I don’t think I’ve ever maintained a M520/m540 pedal! Quick squirt with GT85 to stop the outer bits rusting, and a dribble of chain lube if I’m feeling generous. Crank Bros, I think I was getting 6 months between either servicing them or the pedal falling off the axle (this was the good/bad old days circa 2012)!

Shimano cleats also last many many many times longer than the brass ones on time, CB etc.

onewheelgood

My riding buddy and I ride about the same number of miles. Over the last 12 years, he’s had two XTR pedals fall apart, I’ve had two CB pedals fail. He had to buy new pedals, I had to buy a service kit. I think I’m winning. Especially since I prefer the CBs while riding, rather than just while repairing.

Blackflag
    Free Member

SPDs currently but will be moving to flats when touring about in the summer so that i don’t need to carry a second pair of shoes for evenings and mooching about.

kerley
    Free Member

I use EggBeaters and find they do last better than they used to. Better than most other options for same price as they are lighter and clipping in is easier (good for fixed gear)

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Gravel bike pedals.’ is closed to new replies.