Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Gravel bike friendly single track near Cardiff
  • lpayne89
    Free Member

Afternoon,

Just bought a new gravel bike and was wondering if anyone knows of decent single track around castle coch/ Garth area? Used to ride up there on an MTB years ago but a lot of the trails were too rocky back then.

Cheers

taxi25
    Free Member

There’s plenty of gravel bike friendly trails North of Cardiff. I’ve done this route on a Cyclocross bike, it makes a nice hour or two out on more or less any bike.

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/TGDLC1mugY

molgrips
    Free Member

I don’t think there’s much that’s worth doing on a bike with less than say 40c rubber, personally. Unless you like going slowly. That route of taxi25s is a fine loop but it’s just my MTB route with the descents replaced with road 🙂

SaxonRider

In spite of what molgrips just said, he and I have ridden a good few miles of trails with him on a rigid 29”er and me on a CX with 35mm tyres.

It’s hard work on certain sections – especially the really rocky bits – but certainly not impossible.

Then again, I suspect molgrips thinks I’m mad.

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s not impossible of course. It’s just nowhere near as much fun as doing it on a rigid 29er 🙂

It all depends on rubber.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Gravel bike friendly single track near Cardiff’ is closed to new replies.