Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Graphics help
  • soma_rich
    Free Member

How can I make this better? I suck at this kind of thing 😥

woody2000

Don’t use red/green for a start!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Maybe it’s just me but trying to read red on green is not easy. Also, all upper case is not a good idea as people read partially by recognising word shapes. Uppercase has no shape!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    soma_rich
    Free Member

What colour combo do you suggest?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Take that crap logo off it, for a start…

Oh, and tell WCA I do actually have one done, it just needs wording better.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

outfast isn’t a word for a start . . . .

Use a MTB Image in the background, ideally something either lighter or darker than that astroturf, so that your typography stands out!!

I’d make COME FOR, JOIN US FOR and bigger as it just looks like another point like the ones below. There are a lot of THE’s in those too, I’d dispense with the THE’s

Your web addy is too close to the edges as well!

Basically it’s all too painful to read!

LOL, . . hope this helps, and no I can’t do it for you, I’ve been doin it all bleedin day!

woody2000

What about white or anothe pale colour (for contrast)? Possibly with an outline on the letters? I’m crap at this stuff too, but I know the red/green combo is hard to read!

soma_rich
    Free Member

Right constructive critism I am modifing now and will post the update soon

Fred Email me!!

soma_rich
    Free Member

Right I suck! but is this any better?

MrNutt
    Free Member

there’s FUN? oh I’m not sure about that!

what ever happened to Joy?

psychle
    Free Member

Don’t use red/green for a start!

There was text on the grass background? I honestly couldn’t see it (though I am red/green colour blind 😉 )

The yellow looks much better to me 🙂

RudeBoy
    Free Member

It’s better…

Rich; emailed again.

MrNutt
    Free Member

/tease RB mode ON

could the B’s in the BBB be in italics? perhaps some gear teeth in the background?

/tease RB mode OFF

😆

Onzadog
    Free Member

much easier on the eyes.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Capital J on Jump, ditch FUN!

soma_rich
    Free Member

I will not ditch Fun!

grumm
    Free Member

I was bored…

Quick attempt – but surely you must know some people who can do this properly?

geoffj

Grumm I like that. Can we see Fred’s version?

tails
    Free Member

i prefer the grass one, the bike silhouette thing is a bit generic where as the grass version is playful

soma_rich
    Free Member

Grumm I like that! can you send me the .psd for that?
    soma_rich at yahoo.co.uk

grumm
    Free Member

Yup no probs – uploading it now but my internet is playing up. The logo I just nicked off the one above and cut out so is crappy resolution. I’m not claiming to be any kind of proper graphic designer btw.

Also – not trying to say mine is better, but to me, it seems good to be able to glance at a flyer and instantly have some idea of what its about. To me the grass background doesn’t really do that.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Thank you Tails 😀

I want to make an impact against all the dross on a board.

grumm
    Free Member

Puter is not playing ball with uploading at the mo sorry.

dobo
    Free Member

I dont like the tickets selling out fast bit… maybe mention a prize draw or something else tempting

I think you need to be more specific or put something like

“For further details and updates, tickets sales, full events list, blah blah blah visit our website”

What live band?
    sponsers, promotions?
    mention camping and accommodation available
    get a full address on there
    get your contact email on there
    Whos this for exactley? kids, middle age orrr “for all the family” etc

tails
    Free Member

grumm that is a very good point the instant recognition that its a push bike not motor bike event.

chakaping
    Free Member

Capital J on Jump

Nah, lower case Festival and Music instead.

Price missing.

Venue name a bit over prominent, can it fit on two lines? Perhaps second line smaller.

Try putting the URL at the bottom in red, might balance it up a bit. Yellow on green works really well though, I was going to say yellow when I saw the first effort.

Not sure who the flyer is for or where you’ll be distributing it, but do you need to be a bit more specific about what sort of bikey riding/racing/fun you’re offering?

takisawa2

Does the web address work if they don’t put the capital “B”‘s in…?

Grumm’s effort is spot on.

Soma…no offence mate (and I couldn’t do any better) but the grass background makes it look like a packet of Grass Seed…!!!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

grumm; that’s really good. Like that a lot. I’ll have something up in a day or two, just a bit busy with other stuff atm.

counterculture
    Free Member

put “tickets selling fast”,the word “out” is unecessary, if you even have to put that line in at all, you should just put the ticket prices instead.

be careful if you go with grumm’s idea, or similar, you cant just take an image off google and use it without running the the risk of copyright infringements, try an site like orbis or getty and pay for an image if you want to stay out of trouble, depends on the scale of the event, if it sjust a local event then you might get away with it. have a look for photos taken by MTBers on forums etc and see if you can find a suitable image and avoid paying for the image in return for a free ticket or 2 for the photographer.

your 2nd design works better colourwise but you need to add something to catch the eye of someone who cycles

grumm
    Free Member

The image I used is from a free stock images site – http://www.sxc.hu/photo/292697

Which means you would be allowed to use it. That site is a good source of stuff for flyers etc btw – some of them want you to contact the image creator before using it but that one its just the standard terms and conditions meaning you can’t resell the image etc.

http://www.sxc.hu/help/7_2

grumm
    Free Member

I’ve sent the .psd btw

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Should we include some of our sponsors logos on this stuff or just on the website?

You can win bikes, holidays, equipment, loads of stuff but I think the poster might become crowded

grumm
    Free Member

If you are making posters and putting them up surely your sponsors are going to want to be on them – if you have loads it might need to just be the main ones though.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Grumm – That was my thinking.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Graphics help’ is closed to new replies.