Grand Designs

Home Forum Chat Forum Grand Designs

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Grand Designs
  • Premier Icon Teetosugars
    Subscriber

The Barn in Poppleton?
    Yeah, ’twas nice..

avdave2

Yes I loved the bolts left out to rip someones leg open and the playroom opening onto a roof with no apparent balustrade. I loved the way she commissioned a picture in those orange colours and carefully placed a garish pink flower in front of it along with a load of ornaments. If he’s an architect and she’s an interior designer then I’m an astronaut. I especially loved her explanation of her kitchen cock up – she’s missed her vocation in life, she needs to go into politics.

Having said all that I can forgive them everything for the plant room. 🙂

Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider
    Subscriber

playroom opening onto a roof with no apparent balustrade

Me and the missus couldn’t work out how they got that past planning either.

BenjiM

The house I thought was lovely when finished but they’re attitude to borrowing money was abhorrent. £45k for windows? I was just open mouthed when he said we don’t need a lot more, only 20 or 30k. That’s a hell of a lot when you haven’t got it! Brave or stupid, I couldn’t quite figure out which. I found the North Yorks Moors art thing amusing too, fair enough it may be considered a good piece of art to some but not to my taste, stood there on a windy moor, by the road painting something that doesn’t even slightly resemble what’s in front of you. And wanting a local connection and to save energy? The cladding came from Brazil!

Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider
    Subscriber

Another good one. I liked the look of the exposed frame inside the house.

lambchop

All that kitchen for making bacon sandwiches. Horrendous woman.

Premier Icon thetallpaul
    Subscriber

The finished build really didn’t do anything for me.
    Actually preferred the Leeds build on the £100K Property programme that was on just beforehand.

Agree about the picture too. We named it ‘Apocalypse on’t moor’.

They were numpties and she in particular was vile.

retro83

Not a great start, having previously failed to manage a budget on a similar project. Obnoxious woman and a visit to the bank of Mum & Dad again.

A warehouse with a crap interior. The finish was poor as well, noticed a few bits of duct tape at the end plus a broken bit on the roof. Stupid leaving those bolts protruding as well.

£40k on the windows!

Premier Icon wallop
    Subscriber

She was a proper nause.

blooddonor

Hell have no fury, like singletrackworld forum 🙂

st

That roof area wasn’t finished. The flashing /coping had a gash joint and there was one section of cladding missing where a balustrade could potentially fix to so I suspect some sort of edge protection will be going in when mummy and daddy are ready to cough up again.

Nice place though, loved the internal shadow gaps around the frame.

soma_rich

The cracked tile at the end nearly drove me to distraction!

bikebouy

Don’t forget Kevins new prog on Sunday 8pm, think he’s building an Ark.. 😉

avdave2

Actually I think my favourite bit was her saying they were going to have to cut everything back really hard and her next comment being that she was commissioning a piece of art!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Grand Designs’ is closed to new replies.