Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Gran Turismo 6 on PS 3 Woes…
  • slackalice
    Free Member

Oh dear. Just bought the game on disc and have endured some total of 18 hours of downloading updates for this game on our 2Mbps internet connection.

Excitedly I plug in my newly acquired steering wheel and pedals, courtesy of eBay, this evening expecting to pop the game disk in and start to play.

Except, it wants to now install the updates and after a goodly while of telling me that it’s installing said updates, it tells me that the install has failed. I try again, getting the same results before consulting Google and the gt forum/planet place, where I discover that this is not uncommon. In fact, it seems inevitable.

I also learned that there is a way around this, that involves downloading the first 6 updates, then disconnecting from the Internet, starting the game and then quitting, reconnecting and downloading the next update.

This process of quit, disconnect, start up, quit, reconnect, start, download next update must be performed for each and every required update. There appear to be either 15 or 20 more updates after the first 6.

It will take years. Possibly more than I have left.

Would taking the game disc back for a refund and trying to buy it online from the PS store make any difference? Presumably the online version will be the most up to date and won’t require the updates?

Alternatively, it looks like my brief foray into gaming has died a death at this first ridiculous event.

Anyone want to buy a Logitech G27 with a Wheelstand Pro?

cyclistm
    Free Member

Could you just disconnect the PS3 from the Internet and play the game without the updates? No good for online racing but might get you started?

slackalice
    Free Member

Unfortunately not. The game won’t boot up as it seems to want the updates before doing anything, at all.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Tbh it’s not that great a game – it soon becomes an exorcise in doing the same race 15 times in row to make enough money to buy the next car / upgrade so you can move onto the next race you’ll need to do 15 times over, its starts to feel like a chore. That’s before you have to contend with the endless and slow screens to have to fight though to actually play the thing.

P.S. When I bought it a few days after it came out I knew to expect a forced download, but then you could avoid it by disconnecting from the Internet when you out the disc in, so I tried – it was basically unplayable, whoever released that thinking it was finished wants sacking.

breadcrumb

My internet is slow at best (0.9mb), I just disconnect from the internet when I put GT6 in. Well I did until I got a beepbeepbeep and a flashing red light. Arsebiscuit.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Gran Turismo 6 on PS 3 Woes…’ is closed to new replies.