Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Grammarly Adverts
  • andykirk
    Free Member

If I am forced to watch/fast-forward one more of these irritating adverts I am going to get my mother’s best dressmaking scissors and go outside and cut all the internet cables I can find before teatime.

On a more serious note, will Grammarly increase ignorance of language use on a global scale and in doing so reduce the human race’s ability to communicate? Or is it an effective teaching tool?

Trimix
    Free Member

Sorry, Im still checking your post for errors.

oldtennisshoes

On a more serious note, will Grammarly increase ignorance of language use on a global scale and in doing so reduce the human race’s ability to communicate?
    Nope

Or is it an effective teaching tool?
    It’s a useful tool to help people comply with expectation.

martinhutch

Must…not… 🙂

andykirk
    Free Member

Trimix you missed out an apostrophe.

johnx2
    Free Member

Must…not… 🙂

Too right – it must be a trap

andykirk
    Free Member

Thinking about it more they could maybe include Donald Trump in there advertising…. and maybe do a little video of him tweeting from his bed with Grammarly asisstance bubbles apearing to assist him with his childish rants.

maccruiskeen

will Grammarly increase ignorance of language use on a global scale

Depends. Does anyone use it?

The nice thing about language though is you can use it and largely comply by the rules without really being aware what the rules are. For example any old fool can apply ‘Order Force’ to sentences without even knowing what that is.

leffeboy

I can’t imagine how much Grammarly must spend on advertising and yes the adverts are so annoying there is no chance I would never use their services

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Too right – it must be a trap

null

SaxonRider

If I am forced to watch/fast-forward one more of these irritating adverts I am going to get my mother’s best dressmaking scissors and go outside and cut all the internet cables I can find before teatime.

You could have just ended your post with that, and I would have been right out there with you.

Trimix
    Free Member

I wondered who would spot that missing ‘ 🙂

andykirk
    Free Member

On further review I might miss xsmallfurryanimal too much.

geomickb
    Free Member

“Thinking about it more they could maybe include Donald Trump in there advertising”

@andykirk
    that would be a great advert, would it also correct his random capitalization?

Ps I think you meant their, not there. 🙂

andykirk
    Free Member

Hmmm. Difficult thread to police the grammar and the spelin this one.

Geomick ‘PS’ should be capatalised.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

capitalization

null

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Grammarly Adverts’ is closed to new replies.