GPS routes – maximum waypoints?

Home Forum Bike Forum GPS routes – maximum waypoints?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • GPS routes – maximum waypoints?
  • bikebore

I've just invested in the Anquet UK mapping for my garmin venture cx.

Having fun trying to transfer a known local route to it as a test. I keep getting a message that the maximum number of waypoints has been exceeded.

The route I'm trying to download has 32 waypoints. According to a spec I found on the web my gps should be able to cope with a maximum of 50 waypoints.

Has anyone else encountered this type of issue, and if so any suggestions on roughly how many waypoints a device can be expected to cope with? 32 waypoints doesn't seem unreasonable, it's only a 45k route.

Cheers…….

druidh

Are you sure there only 32 waypoints in the Anquet route? I find that I easily exceed that number.
    Are there other routes already in the Venture?

As an aside – I find that I exceed the waypoint limit quite frequently on my Geko, so use the "Save as Tracklog" option in Anquet

boblo

That must be a very old Venture to be limited to 50 waypoints. My Etrex H has 100 per route and (IIRC), the recent Legend etc has up to 250.

I agree with Monsieur l'Ognion, either you have more than 32 or your waypoint memory is full. I find with the Etrex, even if I delete a route, it doesn't auto delete the waypoints associated with the route.

druidh

Venture CX should be 500 waypoints max, but only 50 per route???

bikebore

Ah, problem is the thick tw*t driving the keyboard. Under GPS -> Configure in Anquet, it appears to auto set the limits for your GPS once you've detected it.

Had set mine up with a maximum of 500 waypoints, but only 30 per route….. D'oh…

Thanks for the advice fellas, 'Save As Tracklog' looks like a top tip 😀

druidh

Any other Anquet issues, just let me know. I've been using it for a looooong time

Edit: just had a look and it's at least 8 years

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘GPS routes – maximum waypoints?’ is closed to new replies.