• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by spev.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • GPS Pet tracker type things
  • spev

I’ve been looking at GPS data loggers for my dog 🙂  mainly because I’d like to see how far she goes compared to me when we are walking (she wanders far and wide while I go in straight lines mostly) but also because I’d like to get her a Strava account for a laugh when we go mountain biking (she’ll be faster than me)

Originally looked at Holux M241 but they seem to have gone up in price from the orignal 40 quid or so, I’ve seen pet trackers and the like but none of them seem to specify if they actually store a log that I can download. Vodafone do one but the staff looked at me like I’d shat on the floor when I asked so no help there.

Anyone got one? or can recommend a small gps data logger?

She’s a small collie so I dont think I can strap my spare Galaxy S3 to her back either

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Don’t know what these are like but worth a punt? Only 4 quid. Apparently the original site where the files were uploaded to is now defunct, but you can use google earth…..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/G-PAWS-3-GPS-Pet-Data-Recorder-Tracker-For-Cats-Dogs-GPAWS/301663202051?epid=1737804532&hash=item463c872b03:g:whoAAOSwqu9VCvRG

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer-reviews/R29U2SP2OEEEDB/ref=cm_cr_othr_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B009VU82R8

johnnystorm

Look on eBay or here for a used edge 20 or similar?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    spev

cheers rumbledethumps i’ll give that a go for 4 quid

edge 20 would be good but probably overkill 🙂

canopy
    Free Member

i used a  pet specific one on our old cat (RIP) can be had for about 30 quid, you dump a GPX from it using USB

spev

Where did you get the pet specific one from Canopy?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘GPS Pet tracker type things’ is closed to new replies.