Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • GPS / GPX Websites
  • thepodge
    Free Member

I have a load of routes planned and stored on Komoot but they are all in a long list.

Do any of the other mapping websites store them on an overview of the UK?

I want to be able to zoom in on an area and see what I have planned / saved round there instead of trying to work out where they are from memory or the name.

scotroutes

Does it have to be online/website or would you be happy to have something on a PC?

thepodge
    Free Member

Needs to be online

CraigW
    Free Member

If the routes are on Strava, can use Veloviewer to show them all on a map.

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

RideWithGPS can do that. Download them all from Kamoot as it’s nice to have them saved locally anyway and then upload them to RideWithGPS. Select them all and they’ll all appear on a map. This can be really useful if you want to link up parts of routes aswell. It’s the most powerful route manipulation webapp that I know of and have used it for mapping both off-road and road routes around the world. You do need to pay for some of its features though, one being downloading a gpx file with POIs.

thepodge
    Free Member

I’ll have a look at that thanks, not sure having them saved locally serves any purpose as I’ll have two online repositories and paying to download sounds a bit arse but we’ll see.

thepodge
    Free Member

OK ride with GPS doesn’t do that at all, its no different to Komoot, just a massive long list of routes with no GB map overview.

Any suggestions for a site that does what I’d like it to?

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

You can select all the rides (in your list) and have them appear all on a map to edit or view all at once. It’s pretty complex so without providing all the instructions for you you’d need to explore further into the sites’ capabilities.

The reason I like to download a gpx file is to use it within an app on my phone, or on a garmin gps device to use offline where there’s no phone signal. Downloading a gpx file is free but if you want a gpx file with embedded POIs such as cafe stops en route then that facility needs to be paid for via the subscription.

I’ll provide a screen dump as evidence of my claim later but need to go out now.

thepodge
    Free Member

I’ve no interest in downloading anything, I already have all that covered.

I think I’ve worked out how to get them on a map but as you say its a bit long winded.

crogthomas
    Free Member

If they are in, or can be put in, Strava then this handy tool plots them all on a map. For free too.
    https://www.jonathanokeeffe.com/strava/map.php

butcher

Gpsies does that. Might be a bit dated compared to some of the modern equivalents though. Not entirely sure if you can filter down to just your own rides either.

RideWithGPS allows you to search for rides based on the starting point. Allows various, filters, road, off-road, distance, elevation, etc, which is all quite useful. Requires the premium version to actually upload routes from file though.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Wiciloc does everything you are asking for. Basic is free,Premium isn’t expensive but lots more features inc wireless downloading.

pampmyride
    Free Member

gpsies now call alltrails does that.

thepodge
    Free Member

Turns out Komoot already has this function, it was just a bit hidden away.

Thanks for the suggestions but I wont be using any of them.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘GPS / GPX Websites’ is closed to new replies.