Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • GPS Drift correction
  • couchy
    Free Member

Had ride on the new bike today and wanted to compare times to the old one, uploaded ride and strava won’t recognise any segments. Looking deeper some of them are a good few metres off on the gps, it was a cloudy day so can only assume the garmin hasn’t recorded it properly. Anyone know of an app or website I can edit the data to move the recorded points onto the correct lines ?

Betamax
    Free Member

Think it might be a Strava issue, surprising amount of rides on my feed today with “no segments on this activity”. I think it’s happened before and sorted itself out eventually

mashr

Have you got the latest timing update downloaded?

couchy
    Free Member

Timing update ?, I use a garmin device to record the ride and that uploads to Strava.
    Tbh a lot of people morning today so maybe it’s a Strava issue.

ratherbeintobago

As above there are regular Garmin satellite timing updates – is the head unit up to date?

Yak

Yeah, I was grumbling earlier thinking it was only Garmin folk and not others. But it’s all sorted now I think so it must be a Strava thing or they have added a correction to all the slightly off files from today.

mashr

Timing update ?, I use a garmin device to record the ride and that uploads to Strava.

You need to periodically plug it into Garmin Express to make sure it’s up to date

ampthill

But the satellite data base is just to speed up finding them

I’ve seen a few Strava rides recently with no map. Both from myself and friends

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘GPS Drift correction’ is closed to new replies.