Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • GPS and HRM options
  • white101

As I cant get the search function to do its job, I will start a thread that has probably been answered a hundred times already.

I’ve decided to get a GPS system with an HRM but would like the considered views of the massive to assist me. Ive read countless online reviews in the past without really reading them and considering pros and cons etc.
    Budget will be £350ish. I realise that these things are getting like phones in size nowadays, but I dont really want an ipad attached to the handlebars.

whitestone
    Free Member

Do you need mapping displayed on the device or just data? If just data then the Garmin Edge 5xx series will be well within budget.

petec
    Free Member

the wahoo elemnt mini uses the wahoo app on your phone, and you can pair a HRM to that. It then displays all the data on the mini. No navigation though.

But it is mini. Hence the name.

And it’s £55 from wiggle.

white101

Probably looking for a little bit more than the mini, 520 sounding good. Look at 820 but don’t fancy touchscreen.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Lezyne Super GPS for £100, Coospo ANT+ & Bluetooth HRM for £20, along with your smart mobile (to use the Live Tracking facility and change your route if using TBT directions).

mcnultycop

I can’t fault my Wahoo Element Bolt.

It just works.  I think it’s about £250 with HRM and sensor bundle.

I’ve played with the navigation but not used it in earnest (I’ve not had it that long) but it seems spot on.  Map isn’t too detailed but it shows enough,

Gary_M
    Free Member

As above I bought the Wahoo Element Bolt at the start of this year, really great device and so easy to set up compared to the garmin I previously had. Everything uploads to strava so no clunky software to deal with.

white101

Whats the difference between elemnt and elemnt bolt?

johnnystorm

Elemnt has a bigger screen and an additional set of configurable LEDs than the bolt.

The bolt is more aero, smaller and the beeps are a bit louder.

white101

Cheers Johnny, I doubt the aero advantages available will make any difference to my riding style or speed!

petec
    Free Member

the elemnt is ace. Been using mine on night cycles recently; back light on all the time, and after three hours it’s down to about 79% battery.

no complaints at all.

johnnystorm

Oh yeah, should have said it’s brill. Happily runs off a usb battery pack. Did 200k yesterday and got back with 100% battery. 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘GPS and HRM options’ is closed to new replies.