Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • GP2 Scott Redding Valencia test
  • supertacky
    Free Member

Young Mr Redding is on fire in Valencia.
    Retained p1 again today.

Rorschach
    Free Member

He’s probably too gormless to notice….nice kid,fast as flip,thick as pig poop.

Pigface
    Free Member

Speaks highly of you as well rorschach.

The usual suspects are all up there arent they, Iannone is a riddle wrapped in an enigma.

Anyone heard what the Moto 1 bikes sound like? Intrigued.

rossi46
    Free Member

That’ll be the Kalex machinery, hopefully he can do what Stefan Bradl did last year!
    I like his riding style- he needs to be more consistent, but i think 2012 will be a good un for our Scotty…. 😀

tomaso
    Free Member

Thats a bit harsh. The lad is young and may have little chance of becoming a brain surgeon but he ain’t as dumb as you make out.

br
    Free Member

If only they’d have a bike+rider minimum weight he’d be sorted – its very difficult for him as the tyres go off.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I don’t think there’s much doubt that Redding has as much raw speed as anyone and he’s certainly quicker than Bradley Smith.But you need smarts to become consistent and consistency wins championships.
    Smith is not the quickest in moto2 but he’s got his head screwed on.Who got offered a moto GP ride?
    Simo did’nt come across as a mastermind contender either……but I liked him even more for it.
    edit-I don’t think combined min weight would help much with the tyre degradation-he only has one setting,gas to flat!

Pigface
    Free Member

Not convinced about Bradley and the Tech 3 ride, if Cal has a good year will they dump him, cant see them dumping Dovi when he is a GP winner. They may run 3 bikes but are there the finances for that. What is the motivation for Bradley this year if he has a contract?

Dont think Bradley has it to be honest.

tomaso
    Free Member

Perhaps the Kalex chassis will help look after his tyres better and get the settings dialled in more – as he couldn’t sort it on the Suter.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with Smith’s motivation. He is smart but he is very fast. Perhaps he lacks some of the brain out moves that some riders make but his consistency is all the better for it. Moving through the pack last year showed he can be ruthless, but perhaps he does think too much and should’ve gone for the win instead of settling for second.

Crell
    Free Member

Redding is good but he’s had a tendency to destroy his rear tyre, though maybe the Kalex will improve things for him. Great to see him doing well in testing but I’d be more interested in how he did over a long set of runs.

I met Redding and to be frank I thought he had a chip on his shoulder. Smith, Taylor Mac or any of the rest (with the exception of Danny Webb who was pretty similar to Redding) all seemed like approachable kids who’d cottoned on to the PR circus. Redding was more like Kevin the teenager. Maybe I got him on a bad day, but I don’t think so.

I thought Smith had a pretty decent first season in Moto2, certainly better than his final on the 125s. He seemed to get the racing edge back and re-discover how to overtake.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Reading some of his tweets he really does seem really immature.

Loads of stuff on the pit rumors about him having to shred the rear tyre just to keep up with the others…

supertacky
    Free Member

FFS guys Scott’s 19 years old!

Rorschach
    Free Member

Bradley Smith is 22 (just),Taylor Mac is 18,Mav Vinales is only 17!!

br
    Free Member

Interestingly Moto3 is only 6 secs down, I wouldn’t be surprised if they were quicker at some circuits by the end of the year.

supertacky
    Free Member

Scotts best lap time this session was 1:35.6 . Motogp are only 4 seconds faster. The gap between the primary class and the moto2 guys decreases each year.
    Spoke to Scotts mechanic today he recons that the Kalex suits Scott much better as its slightly bigger and they’ve noted less tyre wear than on previous tests.
    Like previous post have said. Its a matter of consistency, but I’d put an early season punt on him this year.

smuttiesmith
    Free Member

Just a thought but as the moto 2 teams are testing without the official engines the times should be taken with a small pinch of salt. Marc VDS are running engines which are supposed to be putting out close to same horsepower as the ‘spec’ engines. Tech 3 however have stated the are running bog stock CBR 600 RR motors. Some teams are apparently running WSS level engines (complete with 300km service intervals).

I have no doubt that both Smith & Redding will be up the sharp end but I am not getting my knickers in a twist about the times any of them are running until they have the spec engine in.

supertacky
    Free Member

VDS are using Geo tec engines during testing as close to the final spec engines as possible. Honest test output unlike some of the other teams that are already playing games.

Pigface
    Free Member

Redding on top again at Jerez and Danny Kent leading the way in Moto3 looking good for the Brits.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘GP2 Scott Redding Valencia test’ is closed to new replies.