Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Got to go to the supermarket – What's fo dinner?
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Any suggestions for quick, simple and tastey?

Preferably no potatoes involced

midlifecrashes

Chilli con carne? Bit of rice, refrieds?

onehundredthidiot

Macaroni cheese, with bacon and leeks in it.

lunge

Couple of mackerel fillets, fried with some butter and a bit of chilli, pea puree, some girdled avocado, maybe a poached egg, handful of salad. Takes 10 mins, pretty damn healthy, tastes great.

RustySpanner

Chorizo, onions, peppers, mushrooms, courgettes, garlic.
    Fry in oil, add oyster sauce, packet of ping rice and bob’s yer whatsit.

slowoldman

Go to the chippy.

z1ppy

chorizo stew… 200g chopped chorizo (dried type like Revilla not a fresh ‘sausage’ type), can of tomatoes, a can of mixed bean in chilli sauce, some passata (or water) to top up & as much fresh chilli (or flakes) as you want. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 30 minutes, serve with rice… should maybe do 4 ppl definitely 3, but does 2 greedy ones!

(PS: this choizo stew doesn’t reheat well, no idea why not, hense I make it to size & it’s just quick)

In fact I shall be doing this in a minute..

pondo

Fasting day for me on the 5:2 diet, so two scrambled eggs on (dry) toast. 🙁

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

How does fasting work if you are eating eggs on toast?

I don’t know the rules of the 5:2 diet

pondo

600 calories on a fasting day. Come to think of it, it’s a bit of a contradiction in terms… Maybe you’re only supposed to look at them, or something?

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Biryani rice killer recipe. Takes about 35 mins most of which is sauteeing onions.

Prepare rice, get jar of Pataks sauce and lob some mushrooms, lentils or meat in. Job done.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Pot noodle.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Breville!

See other thread for further information

nickc

huevos rancheros

it’s actually a breakfast, but it’s my standby dinner and takes only minutes. fine chop an onion and fry to golden brown with a good teaspoon of cumin in a frying pan. Add 2 crushed garlic cloves and and couple of sliced peppers, after about 10 minutes add some chilli flakes (or whole chillies if you prefer), let it settle, pour in a tin of chopped tomatoes. let it reduce and crack some eggs into the frying pan, you can add chorizo if you’re a carnivore. Cook until the egg whites are just solid

serve with flat bread or tacos and grated cheese

johndoh
    Free Member

Pasta + tomatoes + garlic + chillies.

carlosg
    Free Member

Bacon and boiled egg salad and tomorrow will be somethi g else with salad 🙁 , 5 weeks in and it’s doing my head in . I yearn for the weekend so I can have some bread or a pizza or something that tastes nice. Mind you I have dropped half a stone in that 5 weeks , only another stone to go till target.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Gin

gobuchul
    Free Member

I am having pork chops and Lincolnshire sausage with a salad. Washed down with home brewed Taylors Landlord.

Stoner
    Free Member

Nick – doesn’t that end up all sloppy? What gives it body?

Anyway currently on the train home from London with a big box of sushi for mrs Stoner. We don’t get much orfentic international cuisine in the boondocks so this is her weekly treat.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Diced steak, chorizo, pancetta fried up with tomato, aubergine pesto a few herbs and a hint of chilli.

Served with rice and Malbec*

*1 of my 3 nights a week drinking

bikebouy
    Free Member

It’s National Pie week ya Fool. 🙄

But I guess I’ve missed the deadline. 😆

Mantastic
    Free Member

Fist pie?

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Just went to supermarket and ended up with smoked sausage stir fry. Different. Good. 5 min job. Cooked the whole pack of beansprouts and still hungry. Are they negatively calorific?

Swelper
    Free Member

Ramen Soup. Simple n tasty

nickc

stoner, it’s a bit sloppy, loose stew type of consistency

how’s the washing machine?

mogrim

stoner, it’s a bit sloppy, loose stew type of consistency

Looks fairly similar to shakshouka.

Stoner
    Free Member

how’s the washing machine?

Doin’ it’s thang as I type.
    Ace, cheers. How did the move go and how’s the new gaff?

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Got to go to the supermarket – What's fo dinner?’ is closed to new replies.