Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Got rid of Tacx Flow 2240… Bkool or Elite? Will I need BLE?
  • alp_girl
    Free Member

As I was so unimpressed with the quality of the Tacx Flow 2240, I returned it for a refund. That leaves me with the tricky decision what to replace it with – ideally asap, because I miss Zwift already 😀

The Bkool Smart Go is the nearest in price, but I understand it doesn’t support BLE – will I notice this when using Zwift :oops:?

Elite do the Qubo Digital Smart+, CRC have it at £300, but not in stock till mid Feb (how reliable is their stock prediction…?!).

Elite also offer the Rampa at £400, it’s in stock at Wiggle…

Has anyone got experience of these? In particular, is the build quality good? I was really disappointed how badly the cover of the “motor” of the Tacx Flow was attached.

zilog6128

BLE is only essential if you’re Zwifting on an iPad, otherwise you can just use an ANT+ dongle.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Only reason I’d notice it missing was using bluetooth to update the software on the machine.

trailwagger
    Free Member

I have that elite qubo, the motor cover on it is also really poor, but unless you plan on throwing the thing around it makes no difference.

alp_girl
    Free Member

Thanks for the bluetooth clarification!

trailwagger – Member

I have that elite qubo, the motor cover on it is also really poor, but unless you plan on throwing the thing around it makes no difference.

The Tacx cover “unclipped” itself the third time I used the turbo and the fan then touched the cover all the time, which made a really annoying racket. I guess you’ve been using yours for longer and although poorly made, the cover hasn’t moved?

simondbarnes

I’ve had an Elite Qubo Digital Smart B+ Fe-C Trainer for a little while now. Appears to work well – have been using it for rehab from a knee injury. Have also tried a Rampa which is a bit heavier / sturdier, can generate more power and the larger flywheel keeps momentum for longer if you stop pedalling but this wasn’t enough for me to want to spend the extra money.

Elite do the Qubo Digital Smart+, CRC have it at £300, but not in stock till mid Feb (how reliable is their stock prediction…?!).

No idea how reliable their stock prediction is! Have you tried a local shop? I work in a bike shop and we have both of the elite models you mention in stock.

alp_girl
    Free Member

No idea how reliable their stock prediction is! Have you tried a local shop? I work in a bike shop and we have both of the elite models you mention in stock.

😳 Guilty, I haven’t – is your bike shop anywhere near Stirling 😉 ?

simondbarnes

is your bike shop anywhere near Stirling 😉 ?

Sadly not!

bensales
    Free Member

iOS Zwift now supports the Wahoo Ant+ adaptor.

Read DC Rainmaker’s reviews of any trainer you’re thinking of.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

At that price id be going for a factory refurbished Kickr Snap, £399 direct from Wahoo.

weeksy

Out of stock when I looked on Monday. So I went new on finance via Wiggle

timidwheeler

Kickr Snap £450 from CRC with BC discount.

alp_girl
    Free Member

Out of stock when I looked on Monday. So I went new on finance via Wiggle

Booo… I just saw they are out of stock as well. Will look at wiggle finance…

alp_girl
    Free Member

Read DC Rainmaker’s reviews of any trainer you’re thinking of.

Thanks, I did – unfortunately for me he rates all of them much of a muchness 😀

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Got rid of Tacx Flow 2240… Bkool or Elite? Will I need BLE?’ is closed to new replies.