Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 198 total)
  • Got my first Tattoo today. Haters look away!
  • Cougar

Anyway. Shall we go back to discussing the OP’s tattoo, or shall I close the file now that the trolls have managed to cause it to derail completely?

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

I would C_G, but then i’ve known him 30 years 😀

Most important question is what you having done next?

cinnamon_girl

Hello rusty, how you doing? 🙂 Seriously considering having eyebrows tattooed cos I lost all mine due to this bloomin’ illness.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

I’m good C_G, you? You still living down there with the sheep botherers?

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Right, I’ve generally sat back and let it evolve.

Yes, I realise if I am going to post a photo up then regardless of title thread, I know there will be idiots that come on here with thier opinions, which of course they are intitled to and fair enough, as said this is the internet and open to the masses. I didn’t post it to get sycophantic replies. I posted it because I know some like tattoos.

We know that loddrik hates tattoos, he came on said his small piece and dissapeared. That’s fine, know problem and fair play to him for staying out of this. 🙂 Others have given negative comments based on tattos in general, that’s fine too. There was one post that didn’t sit well with me as to me it was borderline character assination, yet he doesn’t know me. That to me is just nasty and not needed in any thread.

RustySpanner

Well, I like it.

A beautiful design, well executed.
    Nice one.

Tatts like that one are steering me more and more toward seriously considering one.

wwaswas

one q: is the bruising from the tattoo process or just coincidental?

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

From the tattoo. Mainly from when the skin when it was pulled tight.

wwaswas

ta

cinnamon_girl

rusty – living with the relics more like. 🙂 You’ve switched to the dark side yes?

Mulletus – it’s one thing people taking the pee for posting a pic of a bike with a scruffy garden but unfortunately some people are lacking in self-awareness and think it’s OK or clever to be rude. 😐

momo

Nice piece of work OP!

DrP

Funny how a load of people come across all tough and shouty slagging people off for having tattoos yet no one’s ever said that to my face. Although to be fair, that wouldn’t bother me either

Your tats are naff, you need to push a higher gear on your ss, and your post ride personal hygiene leaves a lot to be desired….

There….

DrP

(actually, the bit about the tats is the only lie there-I quite like your work! Wouldn’t ever get it done myself, but enjoy yours!)

Houns

I’ve only seen the first post

Anyone mentioned that it look like a penis? You sir have a giant fishy penis on your arm for life

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

:mrgreen: DrP can’t handle the manliness of a builders bum in the face post ride, poor lad 😉

C_G worse than the darkside, i’ve turned into a runner! …who only owns bikes with drop handlebars and doesn’t even own an MTB anymore.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Blimey Houns, if your penis looks like that can we have a thread about it?!

johndoh
    Free Member

Would any of the haterz actually say that in real life to the person concerned?

What? Would someone say ‘I don’t like tattoos myself, I am not comfortable with marking myself for life’ to someone with a tattoo? Well if I was asked my opinion on a tattoo ‘in real life in person’ then yes I would. Absolutely.

I would then probably witter on about how much I wanted one as a teenager (of Eddie – the mascot for Iron Maiden). Eventually very nearly having one done for my 30th birthday then slowly deciding that tattoos weren’t for me.

By then I am sure the tattooed person would have walked away bored and gone to talk to someone more interesting than me.

Houns

My penis is more like a shy whelk not a koi

It is rather phalic

Fishy c&ck

*edit*

The wave things even look like pubes

molgrips
    Free Member

Well if I was asked my opinion on a tattoo ‘in real life in person’ then yes I would. Absolutely.

What about if you weren’t asked, as in this case?

Houns

If didn’t want opinions then why post the thread to begin with?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

DezB – Member
    It’s the internet – you only have to look at a random video on Youtube and check out the comments to see that people who would, in the past, have kept their mouths shut, will use a keyboard to spout any old crap.

I go to the JLS and George Michaels videos just for a bit of love these days. Too much aggression here. 🙁

Cougar

If didn’t want opinions then why post the thread to begin with?

To share with other people who might appreciate it?

footflaps

Posting on a public forum, is asking everyone on the entire internet for their opinion. The fact you put “please can my mum reply only” or similar is completely irrelevant, on the same level as expecting world peace or everyone to like your favourite band etc etc…..

mikey3
    Free Member

looks good but the eye doesn’t look finished

franksinatra

is it a baby robin?

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

looks good but the eye doesn’t look finished

That’s because it’s not. Still another 4 hours work needed.

johndoh
    Free Member

Well if I was asked my opinion on a tattoo ‘in real life in person’ then yes I would. Absolutely.

Because it is a chat forum. People talk. If he didn’t want ‘haters’ to contribute then he shouldn’t have posted on a public forum. Especially one not at all connected to tattoos.

And anyway, I am not a hater (and I do like some tats, I have even designed one for a friend). But it is just plain silly to expect people not to contribute just because he ‘asked’ them not to.

djglover
    Free Member

Tattoo threads always go this way, you are tempting fate by saying haters look away.

Its like a Jones thread, all the haters will pop in anyway

Its the equivalent of me standing up in the office, saying look at me in my speedos, but don’t look if you’re offended. It would be stupid to presume that people who would be offended wouldn’t look, and also that they then wouldn’t express their revulsion.

If you just want your ego massaged then stick to tattoo forums maybe?

Cougar

Its the equivalent of me standing up in the office, saying look at me in my speedos, but don’t look if you’re offended.

Except, it’s not. It’s the equivalent of going “I’ve got some new speedos, if anyone wants to see them then I’ll be next door,” then people coming into that room and complaining that they hate speedos. How many “look at my new bike” and “show me your bike” threads do we have on here? There’s a new one every day.

It’s not about a difference of opinion. It’s about a) going out of your way to disrupt a discussion that you’ve no interest in, and b) treating a fellow human being like pondlife. The former is tedious, and the latter is going to net you a ban.

mikey3
    Free Member

So houns is banned? bet he’s already on BM bragging:)

Houns

BM?

Banned? No, just a telling off from the sense of humour police 😛

Lols @ pondlife/Koi thing

I like tattoos, but if I see one like a penis I shall say so

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

The haters part of the title was meant tounge in cheek.

djglover, why are you assuming I need my ego massaged? Like I said, all opinions are fine, just some comments are plain nasty and to me that’s not acceptable in any circumstance.

Houns, that comment was assusing. 😀

djglover
    Free Member

Just assuming based on my own experience and your OP

If I post pictures of my new bike, I am looking for positive afirmation of my choice from a community, I have done this in the past. I would call it ego massage, nowt wrong with that, it makes us feel good afterall..

If ego massage upsets you, I can use the other phrase!

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Nah, doesn’t upset me!

BigDummy
    Free Member

I quite like tattoos and I quite like the OP’s very large picture of a fish also.

I do not understand why the fact that lots of people have tattoos means that the massively different images portrayed are not distinct and interesting. The sarky comment “gosh, a photograph. How original. You do realise everyone is taking them these days” would be astoundingly silly.

🙂

TiRed

Rather like it, and can only guess at your reasons. And I like the more artistic ones previously posted.

But the big question is… Will it help you go faster in Cat 3?, or does the fish sap your race strength 😉

ohnohesback
    Free Member

I don’t think that David Beckham was half the player he was before he got inked.

ChrisHeath

Love it!

But then I’m one of the ‘unoriginal’ people with a big fish tattooed on his arm too. And I’m not Japanese either.

Dunno what I was thinking really, expect maybe that I love Japanese tattoo art and I’d like to have some of my own. But that’s obviously not a good enough reason…

🙂

Lifer
    Free Member

Mulletus Maximus – Member
    As in true STW style the the self obsessed

Oh the indelible ironing!

It is very good work. Have always been tat-curious but would need to be something very special for me to get one.

Viking chick with her baps out, or similar, for instance. Back piece.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

I don’t generally like tats, but I think that one is a really lovely piece of art.

Strange thing to say, but I think it probably would be diminished in impact by having lots more elsewhere. But ink afficionados will disagree.

singletrackmind

Well I like it .
    If your going to get one , get one done properly. No messing about with some little thing in a place where no -one will ever see it ( unless you are a girl )
    I really like the other Koi picture with a deeep red hue , nice .

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 198 total)

The topic ‘Got my first Tattoo today. Haters look away!’ is closed to new replies.