Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 198 total)
  • Got my first Tattoo today. Haters look away!
  • hora
    Free Member

Funny how a load of people come across all tough and shouty slagging people off for having tattoos yet no one’s ever said that to my face.
    Although to be fair, that wouldn’t bother me either.

1. But this is a forum, its a joke/silly place to banter and share ideas.
    2. If you were a friend of mine I’d rip into you royally jokingly if I thought there was even a shard of daftness about it. Its what blokes DO.
    3. If you asked me ‘what do you honestly think’- you’d get the answer to my quoted text. If you said ‘what do you think’/in a work environment and I didn’t like it I’d reply ‘looks like it’d have hurt’?

I imagine you’ve heard that coded-line a fair few times.

Tattoo’s are highly personal things. One thing I DONT like are the fashion tattoos (90’s was barbed-wire or a styled long elongated-thing on base of spine) 00’s is ‘stars’ or the elongated-thing this time on feet.

Really really smacks of ‘I didn’t know what I’d want/have no imagination whilst flicking through the tattoo studio’s book when the bloke said ‘hey this is quite popular at the moment’

My favourite is Justin Hawkin’s flames coming out of his groin.

Nobby

OP – I like that, a lot.

IMHO, the origins of it are irrelevant & all that matters is the personal relevance to you.

Aristotle
    Free Member

In the recent nice weather I was able to wear short sleeves and display my own individuality ….by being one of the seemingly few people who hadn’t had ink put into their skin. It seems to be very popular at the moment.

I can appreciate the artistry and that people are entitled to have them, but I just cannot see any reason why I (or anybody else) would want to mark myself with a permanent image, especially a large one like a full sleeve or a visible on my neck. I can’t imagine that I wouldn’t regret it in a few years’ time.

People have told me that inks are better these days (-how do they know what a 20 year tattoo will look like on them?) but there are a lot of old men with blurred, faded tattoos (There are going to be a lot of older women like that -with very stretched art- in 20 years time)

rudebwoy
    Free Member

i like humour in them to be honest– too many are earnest/serious –but all art is good—

Peyote
    Free Member

but there are a lot of old men with blurred, faded tattoos

I’ve seen quite a few inked folk with the telltale white-emulsion of sunblock covering their art recently. I think the blurring and fading comes from over exposure to UV from sunlight. If the inks are better and people are using sunblock more then the blurring and fading should be significantly less…

…can’t do that much about the stretching though. Unless botox, collagen injections and eating a proper diet are on your agenda!

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Yes ink is better and more advanced but UV will still damage.

I’m using Bepanthen 4 times a day during the healing process then once healed, if I do expose it to the sun then factor 50 is recommended.

cinnamon_girl

There’s some really nasty people on here who clearly are unable to grasp that they really do not need to comment if something displeases them. 😐

Mulletus – it’s a lovely drawing and you’re obviously happy with it, that is all that matters. Ignore the muppets.

My daughter now has 4 and don’t think she’ll stop at that!

Aristotle
    Free Member

I don’t hate them, I’m just mystified about why people would want one!

Especially as every (wo)man and his dog now seems to have them.

People don’t generally keep the same clothes, hairstyle, home decoration, car etc. for their whole lives, why do it to your body?

ve seen quite a few inked folk with the telltale white-emulsion of sunblock covering their art recently. I think the blurring and fading comes from over exposure to UV from sunlight. If the inks are better and people are using sunblock more then the blurring and fading should be significantly less…

If you can’t display your body art to the public in the great outdoors, then that’s surely another reason not to have one?

If somebody can come up with a good temporary tattoo system they’ll make a fortune and good luck to them.

Inventors of good removal technology will also make a fortune from middle-aged women who thought it was a good idea to have a rose tattoo covering their full leg (as I saw the other day) or neck when they were 18.

…can’t do that much about the stretching though. Unless botox, collagen injections and eating a proper diet are on your agenda!

A proper diet and a bit of exercise wouldn’t do many British people much harm, not sure about the cosmetic surgery route….

bearGrease

It’s all a bit “faux” isn’t it?

There was a guy I used see at the pool who had “Notts miners on strike 84-85” on his arm who obviously had a real reason to get tattooed.

Aristotle
    Free Member

Do it properly:

Don’t judge me.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

ok aristotle– show us your dog tattoos’– am intrigued !

Aristotle
    Free Member

Pedigree dogs, obviously

wwaswas

I just google image searched ‘tattoo’d dogs’. Gosh.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

mine is a heinz job– but i’m not going to shave her back and ink some design on , might attract the wrong sort of dog.. 😉

waswaswas=– i suppose its like anything–if you can think about it , someone has done it, or tried– and its on the ‘net !– do you think there is a consent issue with da hounds ?

footflaps

There’s some really nasty people on here who clearly are unable to grasp that they really do not need to comment if something displeases them.

I wouldn’t say nasty. If you post on a public forum, you have to expect to get some ‘not overly positive’ posts….

derek_starship
    Free Member

When I was in my early 20s, I seriously considered having this as a tattoo:

I’m so glad common sense prevailed!

alcol70
    Free Member

–but all art is good—

No. No it isn’t.

brakes
    Free Member

your Koi looks a bit.. well… coy.

I like it. Amazed how little time it takes to get done.
    I’d like another tattoo, something on my leg, but my wife doesn’t like them.

johndoh
    Free Member

footflaps – Member
    There’s some really nasty people on here who clearly are unable to grasp that they really do not need to comment if something displeases them.
    I wouldn’t say nasty. If you post on a public forum, you have to expect to get some ‘not overly positive’ posts….

Agrees with Footflaps. If you want someone to blow smoke up your arse at every turn, go ask your mum.

Cougar

I’ve never understood the mentality of people who wade into threads that they know they don’t care about, just to rag on people who do. It’s like me going into a discussion about Manchester United’s latest signing going “well, football, it’s shit isn’t it, WGAF?”, or the iPhone / Linux evangelists on an Android / Windows question (and vice versa of course).

Healthy debate is one thing, actively and aggressively targeting individuals is another. Plus the subject is paramount. On a topic which was say “should I get a tattoo” then people voicing negative opinions of tattoos in general is wholly justified; that’s healthy, constructive debate. On a thread saying “hey, who wants to see my new tattoo” then rolling in having a right pop at someone because you don’t happen to like tattoos at all is bang out of order. Why would you even read the thread? The only time I find myself in threads I have no interest is when it’s not clear from the title what it’s about (cf. the current “Little Urm” thread), and once I’ve sussed that there’s nothing here for me I shuffle off.

People are weird.

brakes
    Free Member

ALL HAIL COUGAR.
    upholder of the TRUTH!
    :salutes:

molgrips
    Free Member

If you post on a public forum, you have to expect to get some ‘not overly positive’ posts….

I don’t think so. Why is it necessary? The only answer is that some people are trying to offend others for kicks. That’s bang out of order online or not.

johndoh
    Free Member

I’ve never understood the mentality of people who wade into threads that they know they don’t care about, just to rag on people who do. It’s like me going into a discussion about Manchester United’s latest signing going “well, football, it’s shit isn’t it, WGAF?”, or the iPhone / Linux evangelists on an Android / Windows question (and vice versa of course).

Healthy debate is one thing, actively and aggressively targeting individuals is another. Plus the subject is paramount. On a topic which was say “should I get a tattoo” then people voicing negative opinions of tattoos in general is wholly justified; that’s healthy, constructive debate. On a thread saying “hey, who wants to see my new tattoo” then rolling in having a right pop at someone because you don’t happen to like tattoos at all is bang out of order. Why would you even read the thread? The only time I find myself in threads I have no interest is when it’s not clear from the title what it’s about (cf. the current “Little Urm” thread), and once I’ve sussed that there’s nothing here for me I shuffle off.

People are weird.
    I agree with that (to an extent), except that by posting on a public forum you can’t expect everyone to agree with you. And when people have posted to say they don’t particularly like tats they have been equally shot down by pro-tat posters. And what happens when someone likes tats but doesn’t like his tat? Are they not allowed to say either? Or can only respond by saying how wonderful it is?

FWIW, I think that it looks nice as far as tats go (certainly better than most).

DezB
    Free Member

It even says “Haters Look Away” in the bloody subject.
    Maybe he should’ve changed the “Haters” to something more descriptive.

(Sorry, this is my only contribution to the thread!)

molgrips
    Free Member

I can’t imagine that I wouldn’t regret it in a few years’ time.

That should also tell you something about the variety of approaches to life… and yours…

xcept that by posting on a public forum you can’t expect everyone to agree with you.

Of course, but you don’t have to put finger to keyboard to slag him off do you? Just say nothing! It’s easier!

Cougar

by posting on a public forum you can’t expect everyone to agree with you.

what happens when someone likes tats but doesn’t like his tat?

Sure. See my initial post on this thread and then come back to me.

johndoh
    Free Member

So you win the internets?

footflaps

If you stick a picture of anything up on a public forum, you’re basically asking for opinions, good and bad, favourable and less so.

What I really don’t get is that anyone is even remotely surprised that not all posts are 100% enthusiastic (that’s what Mums are for when you’re under 10).

Cougar

You’re missing my point, I think.

deviant
    Free Member

Aristotle – Member
    I don’t hate them, I’m just mystified about why people would want one!

People don’t generally keep the same clothes, hairstyle, home decoration, car etc. for their whole lives, why do it to your body?

If you can’t display your body art to the public in the great outdoors, then that’s surely another reason not to have one?

I’ll answer the points one at a time from my point of view:

I’m mystified by plenty of things….the skinny jeans trend, the jeans hanging off the arse trend, the floppy hair trend, 29ers, people who willingly drive at less than the speed limit, dubstep, British youth who talk with a faux caribbean accent, the popularity of Apple products….all completely mystifying and nonsensical to me, we all have things we like and things we dont like….i like tattoos.

You’re right, the world and his wife seems to have a tattoo these days….the popularity of tattoos means even more people will get them as they become more socially acceptable….i’ve never once heard anybody say they are getting a tattoo because they are rebellious or they want to be seen as different….to do so would see that individual laughed out of the shop….it would be akin to standing in your LBS and stating that the reason for purchasing your latest bike is to appear cooler, edgy or unique….quite rightly everybody in there would think you are a pillock.
    If something becomes popular should it be left alone?….what about cycling?….everybody and his dog seems to be out on a bike in good weather these days….what was your point again?

Yes they are permanent and fashions change, as you said not everybody keeps the same clothes, car, hairstyle etc for their entire lives….that said i shaved my hair off 15 years ago and have no intention of growing it back again….with tattoos classic designs work best, that way they dont go out of fashion….having the face of some one-hit-wonder tattooed on your arm will become embarrassing over time.
    Tattoos themselves have been around long enough that they are no longer a fashion, people either have them or they dont….what has changed are social attitudes towards them, the uniform policy at my work when i joined in 2000 explicitly banned visible tattoos, it has since been amended and we have several younger members of staff with visible tattoos.

Not everybody wants to parade their tattoo around, some people like tattoos but are not an extrovert personality and prefer to keep them under wraps until they are around family and friends….other people get them in hidden areas for similar reasons, they can wear normal clothes and it looks like they dont have a tattoo but around somebody they feel close to and comfortable with they are happy to expose a more intimate area of their body, in this case it would be a personal thing.

camo16
    Free Member

Deviant speaks sense ^^^^

Especially here…

everybody and his dog seems to be out on a bike in good weather these days….

molgrips
    Free Member

If you stick a picture of anything up on a public forum, you’re basically asking for opinions, good and bad, favourable and less so.

He specifically asked for people who don’t like tattoos to read the thread, and yet they did, and posted negative opinions that they knew he didn’t want.

Why on earth..?

Cougar

Quite.

Compare the following reactions:

“Check out Fido! (new puppy content).”

1) Aww bless, he’s adorable.

2) Personally I’m not keen on that breed, but each to their own. Happy new dog.

3) Great, another ill-controlled, yappy shitting machine which will no doubt clogging up all the trails in the near future. I can’t stand dogs, all dog owners are mental.

Do I really need to spell out the difference between why one of these is an acceptable negative comment and why one of them isn’t?

camo16
    Free Member

Yeah, I can’t bear cutesy replies either.

Cougar

(-:

DezB
    Free Member

It’s the internet – you only have to look at a random video on Youtube and check out the comments to see that people who would, in the past, have kept their mouths shut, will use a keyboard to spout any old crap.

dabble
    Free Member

Why on earth..?

Because in the words of Adam Hills “People are dicks! Now can everyone stop being dicks please.”
    Some people just like the sound of their own voice, some people like to re-read their witty and scathing comments over and over and probably have a little sex wee when they do. This is the only reason I can think why anyone would post on a topic knowing it would cause contention. In other words, Trololol.

derek_starship
    Free Member

I remember the first time I posted a photograph on here. Shock and awe response and I got all upset 😕

camo16
    Free Member

I remember the first time I posted a photograph on here.

Yes, some people out there really are total bar ends, DS. 😉

cinnamon_girl

Would any of the haterz actually say that in real life to the person concerned?

Keyboard warriors.

Pathetic.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 198 total)

The topic ‘Got my first Tattoo today. Haters look away!’ is closed to new replies.