Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 198 total)
  • Got my first Tattoo today. Haters look away!
  • _tom_
    Free Member

Looks great 🙂 I should be getting my first one done in a month or so’s time, looking forward to it and curious about how much it’s gonna hurt on my calf!

johndoh
    Free Member
    timc
    Free Member

appreciate the skill of the tattoo

but you have a pic of a fish & a few flowers on your arm 😯

hora
    Free Member

I was about to post a rebuttal/defence of the OP to Easygirl/Dlglover however good points.

Tattoo’s are highly personal choices. Far too many people make sure they are blatantly on show in public in an attempt to seem edgy/interesting. Well thats how it comes across.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

I quite like tattoos (including the one in the OP) but am uncertain if I’ll feel that way in 20 years, so on that basis, I’m out.

bencooper
    Free Member

Far too many people make sure they are blatantly on show in public in an attempt to seem edgy/interesting.

Like making controversial statements on forums? 😉

therealhoops
    Free Member

that’s carp!

*hails taxi*

binners

Pfft! What a let down! I was expecting, at the very least, your kids names in Gothic script down your fore-arms, a celtic band perhaps, or some random Chinese symbols, and maybe a bulldog in front of a union jack

Weirdo

I take it these are to follow?

BobaFatt
    Free Member

wow, so many haters who can’t read. If you don’t like it, **** off and moan about something else somewhere else.

I like it OP, big fan of japanese tattoos and that looks well executed. Apparently there is a lot to do with the color of the koi and the significance.

ski
    Free Member

Must admit not a tattoo fan, but that one does look amazing, please post a finished pic too

mrmoofo

TBH, I ahve no issue with them. The artistry can be spectacular – but for every really well done one, there are 200 crap red devils, dolphins, panthers, butterflies, lions heads etc

I only question the relevance – Maori tattoos on Maoris tell a story, have a significance, and are may a right of passage ( esp if done in the traditional way – ouch), Celtic Tats actually don’t look good on anyone – even if they are Irish or Scottish, Native American if you are native american – cool.
    Even the Japanese sleeve / full suit if you are Yakusa …

But chinese lettering, sanskrit poems, hobbit lettering, on any of the abouve when you are Dave from Basildon just seems a little odd. The artistry and finish may be stunnng of a full back maori tribal design -but what is the significant if you are Wayne from Letchworth?

Does the symbolism of Japanese tattoos makes sense if you are japanese, just as blue birds and anchors do if you are sailor? Or a tear if you are a murderer?

BTW – not moaning. It is your body and you can do what you like with it. I do think some tattooists do absolutely stunning work. But the best is the stuff that is designed and means stuff to the wearer not the paint by numbers generic idea.
    Louis Malloy , for example, though when I hear him talk, I do want to punch him …

Shibboleth
    Free Member

The Koi fish tattoo is an ideal tattoo for someone who desperately wants to be seen as one of the cool kids, but doesn’t have any imagination, or hasn’t had any monumentally life changing events that they feel need commemorating. There’s plenty of pithy, contrived drivel available on the internet to allow them to reverse engineer a self indulgent allegory about how they crossed some sort of imagined Rubicon to find a zen-like elevated state of consciousness and self-important smugness. In short, a load of old bollox that you’ll spend the rest of your life regretting whilst loudly braying about how proud you are of the “unique” design that is in fact identical to the arms of all the other morons that picked the same piece of hackneyed clipart out of a catalogue.

Erm, fixed it for you?

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

All deeper meaning and suchlike aside, I like it. Looks good.

😀

hora
    Free Member

Here in Manchester night at Clayton Vale there were two interesting-types sat on a bench next to where the trail spits out ready (yes they were ready and were looking for a bike). One had a lovely musical note tattooed below his left ear. I imagine that has proved a boon over the years already for the Police and a pain for him.

philconsequence
    Free Member

nice piece for a first tattoo dude 🙂

well documented tattoo hater who has to chime in on every tattoo thread – Member

The blah blah blah blah

Erm, fixed it for you?

pretty sure the OP has had a life event he wanted to symbolise in his tattoo. you do make me chuckle shibby

if you can find me any examples of people with the same tattoos as i’ve got i’ll pay for your first tattoo so you can get over your hatred and fear of people who make different choices to you. they dont hurt that much so there’s no need to be scared 🙂 x

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Bit of a sweeping generalisation there Shibboleth. You know me so well! 🙄

As in true STW style the the self obsessed and over opiniated have to make sure thier voices are louder than everyone elses.

Mods, please close this thread before it turns into a bitch fest.

duckman

To be honest, eel not have chosen that design lightly, I mean he cod have got a celtic tatt, like loads do. Then he would have looked a right pollock.(thank you, I am here all week.) I like it btw and yes they hurt.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

if you can find me any examples of people with the same tattoos as i’ve got

I just haven’t told you yet. 😡

And this is getting done this weekend. 😀

Duggan

I like tattoos and I like the OP’s tattoo.

I don’t think there has to be a story or any meaning behind them though. I don’t really see the problem whether they’re Celtic or Japanese or whatever, it’s just a picture isn’t it. There’s nothing wrong with that though.

philconsequence
    Free Member

SHUT IT DARCY! just cos you got a british bulldog standing in front of a knight waving the st georges cross as his horse tramples on the infidels as a backpiece doesn’t mean you’re cool. get over it you clipart wearing, tattoo regretting drunken lout x

rudebwoy
    Free Member

i had tattoos done when i was in the merchant navy- a pair of eyes on my arse, to moon at folk– had them done in Antwerp about 3 am –i was drunk– hurt a lot iirc– and only later did i see what a bad job he’d done-ya live and learn– my sister in law has a tat machine–may get her to ‘upgrade’ the eyes !

chewkw
    Free Member

Teetosugars – Member

chewkw – Member
    How much does that cost?

I’m guessing around the £70/hr..

Crikey … that’s more expensive than the car mechanic.

How many hours does that take? 3 hrs?

In the far east tattoo is usually reserved for the gangsta or native(like head hunters etc) or for religious reasons. Most people don’t have tattoo as that is not the norm, so those who have it usually have it for a reason.

It’s not the same here or in the west as most have it to create their own identity or simply to follow fashion trend.

Interesting … so what is OP’s reason to have one?

🙂

Shibboleth
    Free Member
    MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

A very personal one that I am not going to discuss on an open form to strangers.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

So you think a mechanic is more talented than a top notch artist? 🙄 Top level artists can charge £200+ an hour, and expect a full sleeve to take 20-30 hours…..

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Why do people who dislike tattoo’s always have to use the “Your not japanese” argument??
    Surely a person can be touched and evolve on a personal level whether that be by music tastes, fashion, food whatever.

Do all these naysayers saying you should have a bulldog tattoo all eat english food, wear english clothes, listen to english music etc without ever being influenced by anything further than you council border.
    If so you must all be very boring!

camo16
    Free Member

Awesome tat, OP.

I don’t get the critics here. So what if it isn’t 100% original? Do you walk into a friend’s house and slag off their pictures, because some of them might be prints? Nah, if the image rocks – and the reason for getting it is personally important – slagging it off isn’t cool.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Soooooo original.

Why don’t you do something original and keep your over-opinionated bile to yourself. 😉

steveoath
    Free Member

Shibboleth – Member
    Soooooo original.

No one really asked for your opinion…. thanks though.

wwaswas

Soooooo original.

Line crossed?

No posts which in the opinion of the moderators are solely intended to, or are likely to provoke or abuse any individual or group.

hora
    Free Member

This one is awesome

As I’ve said before this is my favourite

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Perfectly good skin spoiled.

alcol70
    Free Member

The Koi fish tattoo is an ideal tattoo for someone who wants to express their levels of strength and perseverance through the trials and tribulations of life. If you are a courageous person that has high expectations for your life and high goals for success and happiness, the koi fish is the symbol of everything for which you stand.

Yeah, but at the end of the day… you’ve got a big picture of a fish on your shoulder.

Everyone who sees it (when you wear your nice muscle-vest to show it off) will say “nice fish”.

Sorry. Knew I should have looked away 😉

camo16
    Free Member

Perfectly good skin spoiled.

Or perfectly good skin put to a perfectly good use? What else are you going to do with it, put it on public display and charge people to feel your perfectly good skin? 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

Far too many people make sure they are blatantly on show in public in an attempt to seem edgy/interesting. Well thats how it comes across.

That says more about you and your cynicism than anyone else, to be honest!

chewkw
    Free Member

gravitysucks – Member

Why do people who dislike tattoo’s always have to use the “Your not japanese” argument??
    Surely a person can be touched and evolve on a personal level whether that be by music tastes, fashion, food whatever.

True, true but it’s still a bit weird isn’t it if the tattoo is culturally linked.

I don’t see anyone listening to Japanese music or follow fashion but food yes …

hora
    Free Member

I don’t see anyone listening to Japanese music or follow fashion but food yes …

Mad Capsule Markets no good for you?

http://www.youtube.com/artist/mad-capsule-markets

I’ve got most of their albums 8)

My favourite track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxdD2i6-7ko

My favourite Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMnLIJSY1vY

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Screw the haters Steve, it looks ace! :-)…but not as ace as my lot 😉

wors

A very personal one that I am not going to discuss on an open form to strangers.

Good for you, i like it, i don’t have one but i’d get one that had meaning to myself.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Funny how a load of people come across all tough and shouty slagging people off for having tattoos yet no one’s ever said that to my face.
    Although to be fair, that wouldn’t bother me either.

I know why the OP has had this done and the significance of it to his family, but to be honest if he’d had it done to look cool/hard/trendy or just because he liked fish and flowers it’s not really any relevance to anyone but him.

He was showing a nice tattoo to people who may be interested and had the courtesy to ask those who obviously don’t like them to refrain from the snarky comments and from dragging the thread into a slanging match like usual. Shame some couldn’t resist.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 198 total)

The topic ‘Got my first Tattoo today. Haters look away!’ is closed to new replies.