Got my first pair of glasses today!

Home Forum Chat Forum Got my first pair of glasses today!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • Got my first pair of glasses today!
  • emma82

I can’t believe how crap I was at seeing things until I picked them up, except I keep taking them off to look at stuff and going ‘nah, you see I can’t read that, but I can with my glasses’. Was all going well til my brother laughed and called me four eyes πŸ™ Not looking forward to the ‘now your used to them you can try contact lenses πŸ™ yuk

PlopNofear

Well, its a downward spiral after you get your first pair of glasses. I’m on my 3rd pair after 5 years, with each pair of glasses my prescription has got worse.

emma82

I did kind of know to expect it, I had become slightly short sighted after the last test two years ago but not enough to need a prescription. Glad I’ve got them know though, designer ones obv 8)

Premier Icon crazy-legs
    Subscriber

So you can see every detail of your other halfs RC helicopters now as they wing their way round the house… πŸ˜‰

emma82

yup, sadly 😑

emsz

g/f wears glasses, she’s hot. πŸ˜‰

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

Glasses are truly crap πŸ™ I hate the things. However they can look very cute on women πŸ™‚

mrmo

worn glasses since i was 6, you never fuly get used to them, but when i wore contacts a couple of years ago i looked wrong? Oh and at least you won’t have the playground issues to deal with. Not just the comments, I broke 2 pairs in a week just running around.

emma82

Well, ben seems quite happy with them which is something. I’ve told a few people I’ve got them and they’ve replied ‘I’ve got perfect vision so no worry for me πŸ™‚ ‘ like I give a flying poop. 😯 lol

I quite like them, tempted to wear a skirt an high heels tomorrow, get in the spirit of the whole secretary thing, πŸ™„
    But then again maybe not, I’ll stick out like a sore thumb

h4muf

Ive worn em since i was 3,i’m 36 now.

Grown to like them,enjoy

IanMunro

Speccy!!!

Cash Cowell

pictures this useless thread is without

john_drummer

I’ve had glasses for 30 years. wear contacts some of the time, if I can be bothered.
    I will not be offering my eyes to the laser geezers

z1ppy

Specky, 4 eyes, et all, again heard it all before… I’ve had glasses since I was 9ish (39 next month), some lovely horn rimmed NHS specials.
    Optician warned me mum, as a boy I might not want to wear them… **** it meant I didn’t have to sit 3 feet from the TV to watch it, I loved em as it meant I could actually see properly, and have never had a problem wearing them.
    Face it everyone gunna have to wear glasses (ok, maybe contact lenses) at some point, even those that get eye laser surgery….

emma82

eeek, just put this up on the book of face.

No laughing!!! and no back stalking either plz πŸ‘Ώ

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

they look like mine….will try and find a pic

365/260 17/9/10 by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

emma82

they are Osiris. Ohhhh, lets turn this into a show us yer glasses thread!!!! That will make me feel better if there are lots of four eyes around!! πŸ˜†

Gonna give them a go for a few weeks then go back and choose my free pair from speccie savers

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

ah mine are “Police”

mrmo

not quite the same shape as mine, but close.

soops

They look good
    Mine are Prodesign from Denmark.
    Only had them since Sept, one eye is bad the other is fine. The bad eye started to fall asleep when i was driving. I am not even up to full lens strength yet so things will get even clearer next Sept. 8)

I’ve worn then since I was 10 – noticed I needed them when I started .22 shooting. Wear contact lenses for some sport (jumping when horse riding, anything outdoors in the rain, skiing) and occasionally for stylistic reasons. Have enjoyed becoming a multiple different glasses person since finding Glasses Direct (cheap!) Normally wear glasses when cycling but after having to ride blind (well ~3.5 dioptres out) on a particularly filthy wet and and muddy ride last year will be going with contacts and clear riding glasses for future wet rides. Yours look good!

Don’t be distracted by all the details on the ground that you can now see when riding – I was amazed how well I flowed when I could only see the vague fuzzy outline of the approaching singletrack…

sharki

Has anyone ever seen RD and Emma82 in the same room?

For a moment i thought that was a double post..

πŸ˜‰

_tom_

Mine are osiris as well, I actually quite like wearing them, they make my face look less fat/round πŸ™‚ Don’t wear them enough though as I just can’t get into the habit. The difference they make for watching tv and films is quite amazing.

emma82

OMG sharki, how did you guess! I shaved my beard off an all!!

carlosg

been wearing specs since I was 6 (now 40).

I started wearing contact lenses for sport and rainy days about 15 years ago and thats when my prescription stopped getting any worse , my optician suggested to me that many spectacle wearers peek out of the edges of their glasses and this causes strain on the eye which in turn can lead to the need for a stronger prescription.

All I know is my eyes aren’t getting worse at the moment.

mooman

Emma, you look very nice with the glasses.

emma82

Why thank you mooman πŸ™‚

samuri

Has anyone ever seen RD and Emma82 in the same room?

Well I must fancy RD then because Emma looks hot in hers.
    Come here Mr Dog, kissy kissy.

sharki

I stopped fancying her when he announced it was getting married.

emma82
    samuri

That’s usually when my fancying process starts.

sharki

samuri – Member

That’s usually when my fancying process starts.

Coulda gonna Specsavers!

emma82

I went to Specsavers! No more snogging randoms at trainstations for me πŸ™‚

I started wearing contact lenses for sport and rainy days about 15 years ago and thats when my prescription stopped getting any worse

Don’t think I would cope with contact lenses, I’ve got a real about touching my eyeballs πŸ˜•

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

Is now a good time to post the picture of me in the bath and you can guess if it’s me or Emma?

trailmonkey

rocketdog’s packet of fish panda is both epic and truly surreal.

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

It was cod night πŸ˜‰

Worn specs since 1981. My prescription has been stable.

Merak

Got my first pair of glasses today!

Not taking the piss but did you get a 2nd opinion before you bought your Gregory’s?

Worn them since I was 13. What a joy that was at School. Don’t notice them any more. Contacts for cycling are a must as there is nowt worse than steamy windows.

emma82

Fish panda?

Don’t do it rocket-not the bath picture, the cat will be well and truly out of the bag then

Not taking the piss but did you get a 2nd opinion before you bought your Gregory’s?

Yes thanks πŸ™‚

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Got my first pair of glasses today!’ is closed to new replies.