Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • got Facebook hacked heads up
  • duncancallum

Had Facebook hacked last night. They then used messenger to contact my other half and ask for her card details. Luckily they used worse English than me and she’s tight n told me to sod off.

So it’s just a heads up.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Turn on 2-factor authentication in FB. Use a long & complex password with no dictionary words. Don’t blindly let random Facebook apps to be installed just by clicking on some click-bait and accepting the app, and likewise linking other web sites to your Facebook profile that you don’t trust.

duncancallum

my passwords are all random.

its weird its deleted and blocked contacts and stopped messenger but I am back in my account but I dont know what to do to restore it

Cougar

Don’t blindly let random Facebook apps to be installed

It’s worth periodically reviewing the apps list under Security too, rip out anything you haven’t used in years.

its weird its deleted and blocked contacts and stopped messenger but I am back in my account but I dont know what to do to restore it

Change your password and make sure your email address hasn’t been changed. If you have a unique complex password, it raises the question as to how it was compromised. I’d be running a malware scan if I were you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘got Facebook hacked heads up’ is closed to new replies.