Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 247 total)
  • Got bitten by a dog this morning…..
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

It could be a childs face next time you know! Of course we care. Won’t somebody think of the children!

anagallis_arvensis

maybe I am contradicting myself but I dont think so. I do my best to have a well trained dog and avoid situations that cause her to go a bit bonkers. Accidents will happen though and my dog running past someone after a rabbit isnt the end of the world and I consider no one to have reasonable grounds to be worried, I very much doubt the law would either but I’m no expert. If she ran past growling and barking then it could be different I suppose.
    I live in an area with quite a lot of asians who are terrified by my dog walking on a lead totally ignoring them, if she’s in the park chasing a ball within 50m still totally ignoring them they have been known to scream and run away. I’m sure they think they have reasonable grounds to be scared, I dont agree with them so let my dog carry on running about ignoring them (obviously if its the real screamers I call her over and put her on a lead).

bigyinn
    Free Member

Sounds like you’re deciding for them what they should and shouldn’t be scared of. Which is my point, you dont have the right to decide.
    I dont go blasting past a person riding a horse because I dont know how the horse will react. Therefore you should act with similar consideration for people around you.

RealMan
    Free Member

Must be a troll, no one is that ignorant. I’m out.

anagallis_arvensis

I dont go blasting past a person riding a horse because I dont know how the horse will react.

but your a person not a dog dont follow the logic

Sounds like you’re deciding for them what they should and shouldn’t be scared of

no people are welcome to be scared of whatever they like but I souldnt have to pander to their phobia. The laws about dogs are clear, it must vbe dangerouslyout of control for action to be taken. For a dog to be considered dangerously out of control people have to have reasonable grounds to be worried, the exceptions concern livestock and risk of road traffic accidents.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

AA – there are two issues – “dog dangerously out of control” and “dog not under proper control” – no fear is needed for the latter. For example a dog not under proper control where there are livestock the farmer has the right to shoot the dog. No apprehension or fear required.

Edit – further to that – “dangerously out of control” is a criminal offence. “dog not under proper control” is civil.

So if your dog runs up to someone because its not under proper control and scares them, they are startled and fall off the bike,you are liable for for any damage caused. It does not matter if their fear was reasonable or not – your dog was not under control you are liable for the damage.

anagallis_arvensis

indeed tj thats why I said there were exceptions concerning trafic and livestock, reading not a strong point?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

AA – read the edit above

anagallis_arvensis

So if your dog runs up to someone because its not under proper control and scares them, they are startled and fall off the bike,you are liable for for any damage caused. It does not matter if their fear was reasonable or not – your dog was not under control you are liable for the damage.

Obviously if she caused a cyclist or whatever to crash then it would be my fault.

like I said reading isnt a strong point is it, bless

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Nor yours? There are two differnt issues – “dangerously out of control” which is a criminal offence and “dog not under proper control” which is civil

The latter has a lower standard – no fear is needed.

The laws about dogs are clear, it must vbe dangerouslyout of control for action to be taken. For a dog to be considered dangerously out of control people have to have reasonable grounds to be worried

is only a part of the story – if the dog is not under proper control you are liable for its actions – there is no fear needed.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Try this scenario AA

I am walking across the park carrying my ming vase. Your dog trips me up. The vase gets smashed. You are liable for the million pounds as you failed to keep your dog under proper control and I have losses of a million pounds as a result.

This is the second case – “dog not under proper control” and you have liability for losses incurred. there is no criminal sanction as there is under the dangerous dogs act. This would be under the animals act 1971 or as a negligent act.

trailmonkey

jesus h corbett, i thought i obsessed about some inane crap.

yunki
    Free Member

bigyinn
    Free Member

AA my point about the horse was to try and illustrate the effect your dog running up to someone could have by role reversal where the rider becomes the dog and the horse becomes the person your dog is bounding up to. How do you how they will react? Clear now? You should perhaps show some consideration for others. That is NOT pandering to someone’s phobia.

pastcaring
    Free Member

my 15 month old puppy scares people evan when it’s on a lead.

DezB
    Free Member

He wouldn’t scare me, the big lunk.
    I used to be scared of Alsatians though.

Seeing as people can’t be bothered to go back to page 2 to see the pics, here’s my fave as it is the most relevant

In a nutshell, as they say.

and remember, dogs must always wear a helmet

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ta Dez. 🙂

pastcaring
    Free Member

DezB – Member
    He wouldn’t scare me, the big lunk.

good!

gives him the advantage of a surprise attack when he rips your leg off as you ride past… 😀

DezB
    Free Member

Ha! He’d be too busy trying to sniff my dogs arse as she runs rings round him (totally under my commands, of course)

yunki
    Free Member

pastcaring… my dog would swallow yours in a single gulp.. if it wasn’t a vegan.. 😕

piha
    Free Member

That’s an impressive dog you’ve got there Yunki!

yunki
    Free Member

why thankyou.. when I bought it, the guy in the pub said it wouldn’t grow much bigger than a mastiff.. 😳

piha
    Free Member

Here’s my girl, thinking of training her to find truffles!

pastcaring
    Free Member

DezB, you have a dogs arse? 😀

yunki, vegan? never heard of that breed, got any pics? 😀 edit your pic didn’t show first time i looked.

yunki
    Free Member

is that some kind of asian spaniel piha..?

pastcaring
    Free Member

i think your dog is gonna eat mine

fall story here http://www.dog.co.il/dog7a.htm turns out their mates!? arrrhhh happy ending

never believe what the breeder tells you! mine said they don’t drool/slobber much? lies all lies…

piha

love the leg warmers

donsimon
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoS-MCnTPtQ&feature=related[/video]

yunki
    Free Member

are these dogs dangerously out of control.. or just not under proper control..?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Well if you can’t beat ’em join ’em. I shall get myself one of these pooches i think

mattrgee
    Free Member

Well if you can’t beat ’em join ’em. I shall get myself one of these pooches i think

Ahhhhhh the inappropriately named Honey Badger, quite possibly the most fearless cute sounding furry animal of them all. Details here:

Don’t mess with this guy

pastcaring
    Free Member

i’d still bet my money on yunkis dog 😀

Northwind

Ever since the day ma dug ate Auntie Bella
    I’ve been wondering just what kind of dug I’ve got,
    For it grew up awfy big and tawny yella,
    Wi a great big hairy collar round its throat.
    It was just a little pup the night I picked it up;
    It was wandering in the dark near a place called Calder Park –
    And when people see me coming they shout “Lion!”
    But I’ve never told a lie in all ma life.

Ever since the day ma dug ate Auntie Bella,
    Things have happened in a way you won’t believe.
    Can A clap your dug said one wee friendly fellow;
    Noo he runs aboot wi naething up his sleeve.
    And when I’m signin on the Broo there’s niver any queue
    The man says don’t come doon, we’ll send yer money roon…
    And when people see me coming they shout “Lion!”

Ever since ma dug had Auntie for its dinner
    I’ve been taking money off these racing mugs;
    Down at Shawfield track my Fido’s aye the winner,
    But the trouble is, they’re running short o dugs.
    And when the butcher for a bet gave a sheep heid tae ma pet,
    He gave a strangled yell when it chewed his heid as well –
    And when people see me coming they shout “Lion!”,

Now I’ve been to France and Spain and Portobello
    I’ve been moved on by the polis many times;
    And when it rains I carry my umbrello,
    But I only mention that because it rhymes.
    So if you think I’m telling lies, you’re in for a surprise,
    If you hear a terrible roar, there’s nae use bolting for the door
    Or climbing on a chair, jist git doon and say your prayers –
    For I’ve never told a lie in all my life.

yunki
    Free Member

that’s cracking Northwind.. 😀

pastcaring
    Free Member

it wouldn’t grow much bigger than a mastiff.

he wasn’t to far off with his guess

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

past caring – you have been sold a pup – thats not a dog.

pastcaring
    Free Member

yeah i know that now. it was the clipperty clop that gave it away 😀

sc-xc

Really, I tried reading this shit but got so wound up by Richc. What a prick.

EDIT – I got to page 3.

pastcaring
    Free Member

sc-xc – Member
    Really, I tried reading this shit but got so wound up by Richc. What a prick.

EDIT – I got to page 3.

it got better on this page. if you can’t beat them post silly pics instead…

yunki
    Free Member

I saw ‘dog’ in the title and thought it wiser to jump straight to the last page and break out the hippopotamids..

thus rakishly avoiding the rapacious dog owners ranting rabidly in the face of TJs reasonable remonstrations..

bigyinn
    Free Member

Be careful or I’ll set the hovercat upon thee.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 247 total)

The topic ‘Got bitten by a dog this morning…..’ is closed to new replies.