Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Got away with it…
  • imnotverygood

…so far. Managed to leave my garage door wide open for 4 hours today. In full view of the road. All the bikes still there & I am hoping that anyone who wanted to nick them would’ve done so already. The galling thing is that I got 200 yards down the road before wondering if I had shut it, but because I was late & have worried unecessarily in the past I didn’t go back. What an idiot! I suppose I’ll find out in a week or so if the contents have been duly noted by a toe rag. 🙁

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Worth moving your bikes for a couple of weeks? Just in case?

imnotverygood

Yes, I was just thinking that myself. Trouble is it means ‘fessing up to the wife & goodness knows how many points I’d lose.

stumpy01

I did this once and I think the key was in the lock too (with front door key attached too))
    Luckily for me, I got away with it on that occasion, but bloody stupid!

seavers
    Free Member

Yes, I was just thinking that myself. Trouble is it means ‘fessing up to the wife & goodness knows how many points I’d lose.

Yeah but fessing up will be less hassle than nicked bikes and a cross wife! 😉

tonyd

Those points won’t be much use if you’ve no bikes to ride! Fess up and move them just in case.

imnotverygood

Yoe are all correct, of course. Bikes duly moved. Preparing to listen to a lecture this evening.

binners

I remember getting up one morning and looking out of the window to see my bike sat outside the house, unlocked, where I’d meant to give it a clean after a night ride, then been distracted by the allure of a beer and warmth.

Good job its where I live now, and not where I used to live. In which case….

oldschool

Reminds me of the time I got back from a weekend away, waked into the house and thought ‘bit chilly in here’
    Turns out I’d left the sliding patio door wide open since packing on Friday. Whole house left open and all the keys for the garage there for the taking……
    Thank god I got away with it.

Bunnyhop

we used to have an electric up and over door on the garage at our last house. one night it spookily went up all by itself. at the time all the contents including many bikes and gardening equipment were luckily left untouched.

have left the key in the front door a few times. we have a really nice milkman who keeps an eye out for things like that and posts them back through the door.

takisawa2

I left my freshly washed SWorks Enduro on the drive all night.

Scamper
    Free Member

A mate left his nice cube outside the local takeaway unlocked and having had a few forgot about it and walked home. It was still there next morning 😯

FB-ATB

Why don’t you say that you saw a suspicious character looking at the garage and its conents this morning, hence moving the bikes

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Just tell the wife to pipe down, god – everyone’s so p___y whipped on this forum. 😆

uponthedowns
    Free Member

I’ve left my garage door open overnight a couple of times and got away with it. Fortunately our house is lower than the road and the only footpath is on the other side of the road so its not easy for the casual passer by to spot it.

slowjo
    Free Member

I have done the leaving the front door open all weekend thing too.

At the time I lived next to some seriously fierce bikers – some of their frequent guests were in the Hells Angels I was reliably informed. Anyway, on returning home I was accosted by a couple of frightening looking characters enquiring as to my intentions regarding entering the house. Suffice to say I was not ‘allowed’ in until my neighbour had confirmed that I did indeed live there.

The comments of my ‘guards’ went along the lines of ‘you never know who is who nowadays, you get all sorts of riff raff if you aren’t careful!’

Just tell the wife to pipe down, god – everyone’s so p___y whipped on this forum. 

This

Although thankfully my wife isn’t a complete cow and wouldn’t have a go at me in the first place 😉

Pretty much like when I injured myself pissed up and have had to have a load of time off work, cancel a family holiday and sell the caravan. Told off? Nope – very sympathetic and supportive.

Get a better wife OP 😉

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Car left on drive, hood down, keys in. 😳
    The thought of having to explaining that to the plod was far more worrying that MrsCat who would probably have just rolled her eyes. (and yes, I would have rolled them back)

maxray
    Free Member

I left a scanner keyboard mouse and some dvds on top of my car overnight whwn I moved house once. Looked out and thought some swine had dumped something on my car till I realised!

MoreCashThanDash

@rogerthecat – the Police will have heard it before. It’s your insurers who will give you the problems…..

molgrips
    Free Member

We have an electric door, I have accidentally pressed the button a few times whilst handling the keys 🙁

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Both our garage doors are electric and I always look out the front window to see I haven’t hit the button when putting them away. Only this week, I forgot to lock the conservatory and left the doors open. Came home lunchtime to let the dog out and was thinking how lucky I was. Neighbour was burgled last year, which made me always think about double checking every door and window. So lapse of memory can happen.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m away from home now, so I’m terrified that my wife isn’t going to close the door one day.. 😯

jag61

just checked all ok outside! done stupid stuff and got away with it left garage door open with light on all night left back door /car key in door full day out door unlocked. cant keep blaming the kids tho 😳

jag61

just checked all ok outside! done stupid stuff and got away with it left garage door open with light on all night left back door /car key in door full day out door unlocked. cant keep blaming the kids tho 😳
    I should get a right bollocking if mrs g had her ‘baby’ nicked

kayak23

I remember when you could leave your front door open…. and when all this were fields.

Bregante

I once went off to work on nights leaving my garage door open. At 5.30 in the morning my wife was woken by the neighbour banging at the door saying that he thought the garage had been screwed. Nothing had been touched but the mrs, not really knowing what bikes I had at the time just closed the door and sent me a text to say I had better get home to check, before going back to bed.

That was a sickening ride home.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I left a punnet of strawberries on the roof of my car in Manchester once. Thankfully, when I got to Gretna and realised my mistake, they were still there.

Bregante

Close call there greatape

seadog101

Left the keys in the garage door lock one night myself. With front door and car keys attached too. Mercifully nothing happened.

Fortunately, we also have very nosey neighbours who notice and clock everything that moves on our cul-de-sac.

epicyclo

I can’t imagine why anyone would want to live in places where you have to be so paranoid about your stuff.

Is it really worth all the worry?

joshvegas
    Free Member

I once woke up to find my flat door wide open… and me lying across the threshold.

I also once woke up and found a big ginger tom on my bed, still don’t know how and was lucky he didnt wee in my shoes

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Once got home from a late shift, parked the harley in front of the garage (engine off but keys still in ignition) then promptly forgot all about it. Luckily, all I had to deal with the following morning was a flat battery.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Got away with it…’ is closed to new replies.