Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 130 total)
  • Got any snow?
  • footflaps

Settling in Cambridge this morning 🙂

frogstomp

A dusting in north Hampshire this morning and still falling, although turning to sleet..

SilentSparky
    Free Member

Couple of inches here, south of Reading. Checked the traffic and have decided to take a days holiday, might go for a local loop in a bit.

passtherizla
    Free Member

yeah 2 CM’s here in Solihull.

scaredypants

F’all here – S Hants 🙁

… but I’m sure the M27 drivers will be pretending there is some and will have brought the whole lot to a crawl

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

That’s not snow, that’s gods dandruff! A sprinkling here. Is all.

cranberry
    Free Member

None yet here in the mountains of Southern Holland. 🙁

*shakes fists at clouds*

zippykona

A light dusting in Epsom.

RustySpanner

Quite heavy in Tod now.

Just a little yesterday, but looking more serious now.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Bout an inch this morning on getting up, however snowmageddon is supposed to occur from 12 noon onwards 🙄

piemonster

Nowt at sea level Tayside, but you don’t have to go far up a hill to find snow. Lomonds of Fife was ankle/shin deep on the hill this morning.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Dusting in Surrey, pretty without being disruptive. But I live deep snow (until the saddle post snaps!) so look forward to some deeper stuff.

trail_rat
    Free Member

snopocalypse is here in aberdeen – listened to original all the way in on the bike this morning “we will have light snow but nothing like what has been forecast”

will
    Free Member

Regents Park & Hyde Park have a small coating this morning, looked very pretty. Roads are just wet though.

binners

Loads of the stuff north of Manchester, and its still really coming down too

tree-magnet
    Free Member

No snow in Basrah.

Jamie
    Free Member

No snow in Basrah.

Bloody global warming!

footflaps

OH’s town bike:

Untitled by brf, on Flickr

molgrips
    Free Member

Appears to be raining in the Midlands, but I am heading North so will see if I meet the snow on the way down 🙂

bearnecessities

It’s starting to kick off in W.Yorks, in a fluffy white way.

soundninjauk

Nowhere near enough to justify anything but the road bike this morning. Disappointing. Must try harder London.

Helios
    Free Member

About an inch of fluffy-ness this morning in Ely/Cambridge. The dog enjoyed his first snowy walk and celebrated by going batcrapcrazy.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

An inch or so in Leek and coming down fast.

bearnecessities

An inch or so in Leek and coming down fast.

Disgusting.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Back gargden – to the Ochils

Edukator
    Free Member

When I were a lad:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAQ3Wg-I6gw[/video]

After the snowy 60s Winters I spent years expecting deep snow in Winter and eventually realised it wasn’t coming so I’d have to go and find some.

_tom_
    Free Member

Yep we have about an inch or 2. Annoying as I wanted to do a good road ride today but most of the roads on my route won’t have been gritted or used much so I can’t be arsed with it! Time to finally do some bike maintenance then I guess..

eugeo81
    Free Member

There was a good covering of snow here this morning here in stourbridge. Struggled to get my car up my road (steep hill, rear wheel drive and no winter tyres). All turned to mush now though with the rain that is coming down.

singletracked
    Free Member

why were those folks in 1963 digging their cars out? the rest of the road was still too deep to drive

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Proper flakes now falling in Surrey Hills.

Edukator
    Free Member

I remember my dad and the neighbours digging out the whole road and going off to work as usual, Singletracked.

sparkyrhino

none over night,but coming down heavy in my part of west yorks,too wet to settle though

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

About 3in at the house (200m above sea level), tailed off to nothing at the main road (80m)

aa
    Free Member

woke up to a dusting in Coalville. Snow has been falling steadily on the outskirts of Leicester for most of the morning. All i can see outside my office window is white…. 😀

aa
    Free Member

double post

aa
    Free Member

as an aside.

i singlespeeded 10 miles faster than 2 colleagues drove (including 8 miles of dual carriageway..) 😆 😆

bikebouy
    Free Member

Light flicker over in Shiney Town followed by a light flicker in Kingswood. Surprisingly the trains are running on time.

tomhoward

Couple of inches in Harrogate. Comtemplating how many times imma die on the commute home. On the roadie. Wearing slicks.

donks
    Free Member

we’re getting loads now in crappy Luton….im bloody dreading this as i left my job last year to come and work for more cash (as you do) only now im 25 miles away and have that sinking feeling I’ll be one of many numpties making a 4-5 hour journey home….oh how I wish I could still ride 7 miles on purpose built cyclev ways round Milton Keynes…[reminisce] I used to really enjoy fresh snow riding…skidding speedway style round every corner with a huge grin[/reminisce]

andylaightscat
    Free Member

at leastLuton looks better under a layer of snow

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 130 total)

The topic ‘Got any snow?’ is closed to new replies.