Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Got a week free from 1st September
  • tmb467
    Free Member

Quite fancy three or four days in Scotland – I’ve got a bouncy bike, a car and a tent. Reckon ill probably be on my own too

What would YOU do?

jekkyl

You jammy git!
    I think I’d drive to Portsmouth and get a foot passenger ticket with bike to one of the French ports (under £30) and spend 3/4 days cycling to another one. Then journey north via a couple of Welsh trail centres.

tmb467
    Free Member

Nice idea although Portsmouth hasn’t crossed my mind as a destination!

charliedontsurf

Single speed world champs is in Italy around then.

tmb467
    Free Member

Limited budget – hence the tent!

But cheers for the idea

tmb467
    Free Member

And since all real Italian men have stubble – so how can you tell who’s a single speeder and who’s just fashionable ?

Is that why they go to Italy?

SOAP
    Free Member

Come ride Snowdon on the first.

scottyjohn
    Free Member

Drive to Glasgow, get the train to Crianlarich, cycle the West Highland way through spectacular countryside to Fort William, do a couple of trails around FW, and then train back to Glasgow. Awesome few days

tmb467
    Free Member

These last two sound good…think we’re riding fort William the week before but the west highland way sounds fun for a days ride

4 passes in The Lakes, Kirroughtree and that, then Innerleithen perhaps. Not sure how early I’m free on 1st especially if you have to be off by 10am but its something to do soon!

scottyjohn
    Free Member

I think there is a lot of stuff around beasting the West Highland Way in a day, but there are some big climbs and descents, which I have found make the trip for mere mortals a two day shot. Follow the Way from Crianlarich, past bridge of Orchy, and then up over rannoch moor to Kingshouse. The new wooden cabins at the Ski Centre look like the perfect first night stop, then on to FW the next day.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

I’m off that week too and was thinking about heading down to Dumfriesshire with the MTB, road bike and the tent…..should be plenty to do for a few days 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Got a week free from 1st September’ is closed to new replies.