Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Got 650b/27.5" 120mm travel fork? Help!
  • kazafaza
    Free Member

For some weird reasons that I’m struggling to understand I’d like to build myself a 79er… For this project I’d like to use hardtail frame and reduce the fork’s travel/increase the wheel size.

I need to know a few things though: what’s the axle to crown length of sagged/unsagged 120mm 650b fork and also s./uns. the height of the fork’s crown above the ground in vertical line(either head angle or make and model would be very helpful as well!).

I believe there is at least one fellow bike tinkerer willing to help with the right stuff and some spare time in return for a good karma and perhaps a beer or four if we ever meet on the trails!

Your answers to the email in profile please or just below as there might be another weirdo in a few years down the line trying to do similar stuff…if we wont be living in a 34ers or 26.9834632628ers world by then. 🙂

Cheers!

scaredypants

forks and frames vary; what are you intending to buy ?

(what is s./uns ?)

79er ? 27.5 rear and 29 front ? If so, why not buy a 29inch fork ? (I’d have thought there might be a risk of tyre hitting fork brace if you put a 29 wheel in a 650 fork, as I think “reduced travel” means lower to start with rather than “doesn’t use all it’s potential compression”)

kazafaza
    Free Member

Thanks for asking!
    Yes, the 79er’s a 27.5″ rear wheel and 29″ front.
    I don’t want to fit the 29″ wheel in 650b fork, I just don’t want to cock the frame’s geometry too much by “adjusting” the height of the front end.

I thought that instead of 120mm 650b fork I could get away with 90-100mm 29er fork?

My thoughts are on the Genesis High Latitude LT, Stanton Switchback or NS Eccentric…

s./uns. – sorry – sagged/unsagged

granny_ring

Surely that would be a 97er?

kazafaza
    Free Member

Not so sure – 69er had rear 26″ with front 29er wheel…anyway, whatever the name it’s going to be a weird one!

kazafaza
    Free Member

Looking at the picture below I reckon I should be fine with fitting the 29er forks with 20mm less travel:

p.s.: 97er? I guess it depends from which way you peep at the bike 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Got 650b/27.5" 120mm travel fork? Help!’ is closed to new replies.