Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Gorrick Brass Monkeys today – anyone else there?
  • bigdaddy

Cracking good fun today – 2hr vet for me. Weather was kind in the end, and not too muddy! As ever a great singletrack course too. I got a 12th place – squeezed 4 laps in, on ropey lungs! Anyone else?

plop_pants
    Free Member

Not me. I was out riding your old Devinci road bike. 😁

bigdaddy

@plop_pants wow, still going? Impressive! My current Leo is nearly dead, won’t be a 4th one…

john_l
    Free Member

Yup, 7 laps in the SS 4hr. Great course, v tired.

crosshair
    Free Member

Yep! Went over the bars on lap one. Wasted two minutes telling the Timelaps guys I’d lost my number and then missed the cut off for my 7th lap by 20s 🤣🤣

I kind of loved it, kind of hated it. It used to be way more fun when I was 18lbs lighter.

bigdaddy

7 laps is impressive! I was done in after my 4!

DrP

Nah…. would’ve ss the hell out of it, but my ss race bike is being rewelded somewhere in the east!

DrP

masterdabber
    Free Member

We went over to watch our son in the “2 hour male”…..  he had a fun day and the rain stayed off more than forecast.

I’ve put up several videos and tried to capture as many riders as I could.  I’ve got one more to edit and post hopefully later today

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYRK6Y_1S__N8OAQwubG1xg

simster

3hr vets for me. aching today.

Taff
    Free Member

Was there for the 2hours vets. Also aching today

v7fmp

was going to do it, but a mates wheel weren’t ready, so didn’t in the end.

Looks good from those vids tho.

We did the Halloween race a few weeks back. my first ever XC style race. did ok in the open cat, seeing i was on a trail bike, with big tyres and flat pedals. Defo different to enduro racing!

Hope to do some more events in future.

crosshair
    Free Member

Made a quick vlog…

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Was working sadly – hope to make the next one..

masterdabber
    Free Member

Made a quick vlog…

@crosshair
         I’ve got some video of your HOTB “incident”.  I haven’t posted it as I thought you might not want me to, also it has bit of a rain blob on the lens.   Do you want me to post it?

weeksy

Here!!!!!

crosshair
    Free Member

How bad is it? 🤣🤣
    I thought the sides were the rollable bits for some reason. 🤣🤣🤣

masterdabber
    Free Member

How bad is it? 🤣🤣
    I thought the sides were the rollable bits for some reason. 🤣🤣🤣

Let’s just say “you missed the upright tree (just) and sort of went a funny line into the one you were supposed to roll/jump over”.

You had me worried at first.  Kudos for getting back on and getting moving again quickly.  Do you want me to post it?

ayjaydoubleyou

Had a good time (not a quick one ;-))
    Didn’t quite understand the start briefing, I thought we were finishing at 1200 rather than 2 hours after the start, which was about 10.03. In theory I could have just completed a fourth and jumped up one whole place in the rankings!

Think I underestimated myself on the grid, as I spent most of the race overtaking rather than being overtaken.

crosshair
    Free Member

Yes why not 🤣
    In my head, I thought people were struggling on it and I thought from years ago (Southern XC maybe) that only the sides were rollable. Maybe I should have done a pre-ride lap instead of sitting in the van drinking coffee 🤣

masterdabber
    Free Member

Yes why not 🤣
    In my head, I thought people were struggling on it and I thought from years ago (Southern XC maybe) that only the sides were rollable. Maybe I should have done a pre-ride lap instead of sitting in the van drinking coffee 🤣

https://youtu.be/dkE8BLtOZ-A

crosshair
    Free Member

🤣👍🏻 What a state to get into

crosshair
    Free Member

As I rode off I’m sure I heard Mr Gorrick telling you it’s always a good spot too 🤨🤣🤣

weeksy

why were you not sending it ?

😉

masterdabber
    Free Member

As I rode off I’m sure I heard Mr Gorrick telling you it’s always a good spot too 🤨🤣🤣

I knew that already, I regularly ride there 🤣🤣🤣

crosshair
    Free Member

I wish I had sent it- I might have gotten the front wheel off of the ground 🤣

plop_pants
    Free Member

@bigdaddy I thought I might have had to bin it recently when the carbon collar in the seat tube became unglued but I managed to get it out and glue it back in again. Good as new. Its been a great bike and I still love riding it!

bigdaddy

@crosshair that was amusing – it’s a perfect little jump, send it next time, much easier! It’s a good trail that bit…

crosshair
    Free Member

I did ride it 6 more times. The way everyone was just stood around on lap 1 made me suspicious 🧐 🤣

bigdaddy

You did well! Good little blog too, I liked that… Did you manage the bigger drop early in the lap? Many roadie points if you did!

crosshair
    Free Member

Yep! Rode the left B line though 🤣
    I edited it out because Rich rode the A line and made me look bad 🤣

I think I strung a couple of no-dab laps together at one point.

bigdaddy

The B line doesn’t count!!!! 😂

crosshair
    Free Member

It’s the same drop 😇

I’m gonna have to recheck the footage now 🤣

muddylegs
    Free Member

Great vlog @crosshair!
    11th in the 2 hr 40+ for me which I was really happy with especially as I had quite a low expectation for myself with this one. The conditions and course were perfect for me. Good to see a good turn out of riders, 75 in the vets 40+ I believe. Well done all👍

john_l
    Free Member

I reckon the sketchiest section was the fenceline directly after the kerb hop near the start. That rut got deeper and deeper and closer and closer to the fence!

crosshair
    Free Member

Great result @muddylegs well done 😀

Yes that was bad, as was that diagonal root a bit further along!

The tarmac was the only place I seemed to actually get sprayed with mud 🤣

ayjaydoubleyou

I reckon the sketchiest section was the fenceline directly after the kerb hop near the start. That rut got deeper and deeper and closer and closer to the fence!

That little bit of tarmac before the curb was the worst bit.
    Slimey scum surface mud and then a face and arsefull. Got something in my eye every lap.
    Never managed to successful have a drink or fruit pastille on that bit either.

All the single track was in damn good condition given the recent weather.

muddylegs
    Free Member

Anyone know why you can’t access the photos to this race via Roots and Rain?

bigdaddy

I got a few photos on roots and rain, but the usual main photographer (Kevin Sheldrake?) was ill and wasn’t there. I guess the others were much more limited?

I got this one, which I was happy with:

crosshair
    Free Member

The usual photographer was ill I think?

bigdaddy

That’s verified then!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.