Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Gore running apparel & experiences
  • ElShalimo

Why is it so expensive? Is it top quality kit or just marketing?
    I was looking at running shirts as my old Ron Hill one has seen better days. Anyone got any of their running kit? Is it really worth the extra cash?
    Thanks

piemonster

Probably both.

I’ve a couple of bits of their kit. And it’s the best running wear I own.

piemonster

To be honest, my Ronhill stuff is functional enough. But it’s never fit particularly well. Always a little bit shonky.

But that’s probably just bad luck with body shape.

ElShalimo

My RonHill shirt has been okay but thought I’d try something different when replacing it

mikey3
    Free Member

probably a pointless post because I’ve never bought any of their running gear but I always buy their bike stuff,expensive but I know i’ll get my moneys worth because it’s quality stuff that lasts(imho of course)

matthewlhome
    Free Member

its like their cycling gear. Not too flashy but fits really well and well made.

Although a bit more pricey than others. The Ron hill example is good – i have some ron hill shorts which are ok, but if i put anything in the zip pocket at the back (gel / keys) then they start to fall down. That doesnt happen with the gore ones.

ElShalimo

Does anyone know if they have an online outlet store?

ElShalimo

nearly lunchtime Bump

d45yth
    Free Member

I buy their bike gear that’s made out of Windstopper and Goretex AS…that’s for those materials’ properties though. Would I buy any of their other gear…probably not, as there is better looking and cheaper kit out there.

EDIT: Almost forgot, their Lycra stuff is good and lasts a long time.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

tgstore.eu sometimes had good deals.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Difference between price and value.

I always look at Gore stuff and think, “wow that’s expensive”. Then when I buy any (in sales) I think, “wow this is the best kit of got”. Lasts better and fits better – so like a lot of expensive stuff, VFM in the end. I do not regret any Gore purchase and do regret some cheaper buys!

mjb

Keep an eye on the clearance section of their website (http://www.tgstore.eu/) as they often have good deals. Also try http://www.sportsshoes.com as they often have big discounts.

As mentioned above they make really good quality kit and if you shop around a bit you can usually get the price down.

ElShalimo

Thanks

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Gore running apparel & experiences’ is closed to new replies.