Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Gore Power GT AS Jacket
  • kennyp
    Free Member

Anyone got one of these http://www.goreapparel.co.uk/POWER-GORE-TEX%C2%AE-Active-Jacket/JGPOWR,default,pd.html%5B/url%5D ?

If so, how waterproof and how breathable (I know it’s often one or the other) are they?

I’m looking for a jacket for wearing on two to three hour road rides when I’m sure it’s going to be raining most of the time. And I like Gore kit for my cold weather road cycling.

Oh, and despite the URL link I will definitely be buying from my LBS, so don’t need any sizing info ta.

scotroutes

I’ve had the similar GT AS Fusion jacket for a couple of years now. Easily the most breathable waterproof (as opposed to showerproof/water-resistant) jacket I’ve used, either for cycling or walking. Of course, and as you appreciate, you can still overwhelm the breathability when exercising hard (especially if the outer is wet).

I’d have absolutely no qualms about buying another.

kennyp
    Free Member

Cheers, sounds like it fits the bill okay.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bitterlemon
    Free Member

Just purchased one and very happy with it. Great fit and quality but it’s not 100% breathable.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@bitterlemon the only thing that’s 100% breathable is going topless 😯

kennyp
    Free Member

And also the only thing that’s totally waterproof too. Only the slight matter of the climate to earl with!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Gore Power GT AS Jacket’ is closed to new replies.