Gore alp-x 2.0 GT AS jacket – any cop?

Home Forum Bike Forum Gore alp-x 2.0 GT AS jacket – any cop?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Gore alp-x 2.0 GT AS jacket – any cop?
  • dh

thinking of splurging some xmas cash on this– gets a great review and i’ve found it for £175. anyone got one? i can’t find one locally so id need to order online-how is the sizing….

mtbmatt

It’s a top quality jacket with a very good fit.
    Nice features that work for MTB.

If you prefer a racey fit and don’t mind a lack of pockets then the road Xenon is ace too.
    Active shell as a material is superb though, it breaths better than anything I’ve used and keeps the storms at bay.

dh

nice one matt. is the sizing ok? i normally take a large in most things – same for this do you think?

Premier Icon mintimperial
    Subscriber

Yeah, I’ve got one, it’s a good jacket, I like it. Kept me pretty happy in ten hours of icy wind and horizontal rain on the WHW earlier this year, and is measuring up well in winter too so far. Sizing is pretty normal I think, I got a medium and I’m normally a medium.

I have one & love it!

Find it comes up small though – I have a 44″ chest & the XXL is a perfect fit.

You wont be disappointed.

Premier Icon sparkerfix
    Subscriber

Can’t fault mine. Very well thought out. Doubles as an acceptable casual/pub jacket when not covered in crud!!

dantsw13

Gore is slim fitting generally. I’m normally XL for jackets but my gore Phantom is XXL

anc

Gore has different fitting depending on the application. Road stuff is slim fitting mtb stuff is loose.
    Eg xenon jacket I take medium and am medium in most other brands. But the path and the balance jackets are a better fit for me in small. 5’11 38 chest. X alp is mtb so will have the looser fit

Premier Icon shredder
    Subscriber

I have just purchased one and its superb.
    Normally a L in Gore and the fit in this jacket was pretty std L purchased.

Premier Icon ratherbeintobago
    Subscriber

This got a good write-up in the last issue of the mag. I’ve had one of the previous generation for about four years and it’s been great, and repaired multiple times by Lancashire Sports Repairs. I’ll be having another soon.

Premier Icon nickc
    Subscriber

Can’t go wrong with Gore stuff IME, I buy the size I am (an M) and have never been disappointed with the fit. Although the shorts make me watch my weight if I actually want to wear them without popping the button just be breathing out 😆

mtbmatt

Sizing is fairly normal.
    GORE have sizing specific to the application and Alp-X is aimed towards “serious” MTB riders. Loose but not too loose. I can fit 2 layers underneath, where as the Xenon road jacket is just a base-layer, as intended.

mssansserif

Evans seem to have it for £153?

dh

Nice find mssanssserif , I’ll snag it from there once I’m back

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Gore alp-x 2.0 GT AS jacket – any cop?’ is closed to new replies.