Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • GoPro users – How often do you use the WiFi on your camera?
  • Potdog
    Free Member

Looking at a deal locally on the “old” 3+ White camera against the slightly cheaper “new” Hero (The new basic cheap camera) and the only real spec difference is that the old 3+ has WiFi where as the new “Hero” doesn’t (it does 2fps more in still burst than the white if that matters)

So is the WiFi on the older model worth the extra 40€ over the new model?

I guess the other difference is that the old 3+ comes out of the waterproof casing where as the new Hero is fixed in the casing. Don’t know if the new Hero will suffer from misting up as if it does there is no taking the camera out to equalise the air temps etc.

ohrats
    Free Member

I don’t use wifi on mine a whole lot in all honesty. It’s still a cool thing to have though.

paulmgreen
    Free Member

The wifi is useful when connected to phone app so that you can see what the camera is seeing on your phone …. Nothing more annoying than filming a whole load of footage only to find angle is wrong !

toys19
    Free Member

I have the sony action cam, has wifi, use it every time as it helps you to set what the camera is looking at, otherwise it hit n hope innit.

Potdog
    Free Member

Cheers, was erring on the side of the 3+ with WiFi even though it’s the previous model. Still shoots at a quality beyond what I need.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Sunco Dream 2. £80. Viewfinder on back. Check it out!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Use wifi loads. Handy on the fly editing with phone app and to check your view. And it doesn’t matter one bit if its got a view finder/ screen on it because when it’s bolted to your helmet or chest etc you can’t look to see what its pointing at anyway 😉

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Every time I use it. Preview, settings, framing, playback. Essential in my opinion.

Milkie
    Free Member

I use Wifi all the time to line up shots and change the settings via the app. I couldn’t go backwards to not using the app.

Potdog
    Free Member

Just been looking at the app and it does seem that the WiFi option makes the camera a whole lot more user friendly with the ability to change settings without loads of button pressing on the camera. Looks like I’m in for the old version, can’t justify the money for the 4+ !

carlosg
    Free Member

I use the wifi to set up the camera angle and to laugh at how bad a rider I am in the pub with the lads after

Duane…
    Free Member

Handy when you’re travelling and you want to upload GoPro pics to facebook/instagram/etc and you don’t have a PC.

kimbers

Yeah have it with my Sony one and its very useful for setting up the angle with my phone

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘GoPro users – How often do you use the WiFi on your camera?’ is closed to new replies.