Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Gopro settings for mtb
  • cogglepin

Any thoughts on the best settings for a hero 7?

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Afaik, 24fps lets in more UK sunlightūüėä

thisisnotaspoon

Depends on what you want to achieve, unless it’s very consistent conditions then auto will do a better job.

24/25/30fps you won’t see a difference, all that affects is that it then goes 48/50/60, 96/100/120, 192/200/240, etc, which again are too close to notice.

Protune is only worth messing with if you’re trying to get a particular shot, e.g. with the camera static as you ride past, or entering/exiting the woods and want it setup correctly for the bit you want to use.

cogglepin

Thanks guys, I’m going to have a mess about with it at the weekend.

alanw2007

Loam Ranger GoPro Settings

Singletrack Reader Awards - Most Desirable Mountain Bike: Atherton AM 150

Singletrack Reader Awards - Most De...
    Singletrack Video Archive: Singletrack Reader Awards - Most Desirable Mountain Bike: Atherton AM 150
    masterdabber
    Free Member

What I use on my GoPro 8 is the following…… taken from a hot shot US rider’s recommendations……  Used in First Person POV on chest harness.

Res/FPS: 4K/30
    Lens: Superview
    Hypersmooth: On
    Low Light: N/A
    Zoom: 1.0x
    Clips: Off

Protune
    ‚ÄĒ‚ÄĒ-

BitRate: High
    Shutter: Auto
    EV Cmp: -0.5
    White Balance: 5500K
    ISO Min: 100
    ISO Max: 800
    Sharpness: Medium
    Colour: GoPro
    RAW Audio: Off
    Wind: On

I’m happy enough with the result (other than my actual riding ability). I do a basic edit using Shotcut.

Here‚Äôs an example of what those setting produce. Please don‚Äôt judge the riding ūüôĄ

https://youtu.be/1UOkD9iIFAY

cogglepin

Masterdabber that looks good and also looks like some nice riding too!

masterdabber
    Free Member

@cogglepin   I think the settings you use need a bit of experimentation. For instance, I believe a lot of purists prefer COLOUR being set to FLAT to give more flexibility in post-processing. for me, I rather like the GoPro Colour setting.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.