Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • GoPro prices- do they vary?
  • jkomo

I’ve only just started looking at getting a GoPro and it doesn’t seem like prices really vary that much. Are there ever any sales or anything? Happy with recon or second hand, 8 or 9 series black.
    Is there a go to place for them to keep an eye on?

dknwhy

Occasionally they will knock £100 off just before they release the latest one (which will be due in the next couple of months I guess).
    Best option is to probably sign up to the pro membership (£5 a month), use the discount and then cancel the membership.

jkomo

Okay thanks I’ll check that out

masterdabber
    Free Member

From what I’ve read I get the impression that you have to be careful about when you cancel the subscription if you go that route. If you cancel too early they charge you the non-subscription price… I think.

I’ve been looking at getting an Osmo Action but the price has escalated. A few weeks ago you could get it plus the battery charger/battery for around £249. It’s now £329.I can’t bring myself to but something that’s gone up so much.

jkomo

md that is really annoying.

riddoch

There is an official GoPro refurb  account on ebay, I just got a max from them for a bit less than retail. No hero 8 or 9s listed at the moment though.

I justify the subscription for the unlimited cloud storage and replacement insurance and the cost for a year is about the difference between GoPro direct and amazon.

If you sign up for the mailing list where they do bundles so you get a battery and case included for the normal price.

dissonance

If you have a Lloyds account or know someone with one they often appear on the everyday offers with 10% of their website.

frogstomp

If you have a Lloyds account or know someone with one they often appear on the everyday offers with 10% of their website.

Same with Halifax (same group).

poah
    Free Member

look at the price on gopro website. you get the hero 9 black and the subscription for £330. You also get an extra battery and a 64gb card

jkomo

Poah, yeah that’s where I have looked.
    Decision time I guess.

escrs
    Free Member

I paid £280 for my Go pro Hero 8 from Argos

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/2062826?clickPR=plp:1:6

Then i bought 2 extra batteries and a box charger for £33

nickscots1
    Free Member

Keep an eye on the official Argus Ebay. I got a Karma grip for £81.

Jason
    Free Member

In the past year or so GoPro seem to have gone down the route of focusing on direct sales Ono, so there aren’t really deals from other sellers. If you want to buy a 9 new you are best to keep an eye on the GoPro site, the offers do vary from time to time.

Tim
    Free Member

As an aside. What’s the earliest go pro that is worth getting?

rockhopper70

A bit leftfield as a supplier, but I got a GoPro 8 value bundle from Very. Thisincluded the camera, two batteries, tripod handle thing and head strap for around £220. We had a slightly dormant very account, they sent us a 20% off everything voucher and the gopro bundle was on sale at the time too.

Saved quite a bit on that.

Hypersmooth and no case needed convinced me to go with version 8. Version 9 gets daft money and tech that I probably wouldn’t use.

Price was a factor too, being from Yorkshire!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘GoPro prices- do they vary?’ is closed to new replies.