Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • GoPro mount on fork lowers
  • Premier Icon sirromj

I have one of those cheap bag of assorted mounts but none seem suitable around the lowers of my RokShox Yari fork. The ones that wrap around things really need a larger circumference.

What have you used to mount camera to fork lowers?

Premier Icon spev

I’d not recommend it, last time I tried I used a GoPro roll bar mount, no matter how tight I did it up, it rotated, inner tubes under the clamp, bits of rubber, gaffer tape, nothing stopped it moving. To the point where it went in my wheel and got flung about 50 yards down the trail in front of me.

Maybe you could rig something up from the disc brake mounts? at least it wont be able to rotate then

Premier Icon legend
    Free Member

As it’s an unsprung part of the bike, wouldn’t it be a pretty rubbish place to mount it anyway?

Premier Icon scaredypants

surely fork lowers are too bouncy to make decent footage ?

Premier Icon spev

there’s that as well, the footage of the camera flying down the trail was funny though, under the down tube is quite good, facing through the fork, but I find most POV footage either makes me sick after a while or it makes everything look flat.

Its good if its used sparingly with static and panning footage though

Premier Icon CraigW
    Free Member

Maybe some way of attaching it to the axle? If you have QRs, you could replace the nut with a mount.

eg KCNC light mount. https://clee-cycles.co.uk/P3104/product

Or Nut-r http://www.nut-r.co.uk/products1/index

Premier Icon sirromj

Ok, thought it worth a try. Will probably try bodging something with P-clips and a stiff rod, as wanted to get camera below axle (but not too far) without adding any additional movement.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘GoPro mount on fork lowers’ is closed to new replies.