Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • GoPro light mounts
  • chrisdw
    Free Member

So with lots of people buying these cheapie chinese lights atm, I am hoping someone with a bit more imagination than me has managed to utilise a GoPro mount system to clip their light to helmet.

So if anyone has done this. Or has any good ideas, fire away!

I am mainly thinking SolarStorm lights. They have a flat bottom and bolt hole, so should be a good place to start!

Pics would be great!

Northwind

I went with a simple option that’ll work with most lights…

IMG_1306 by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

Just a wee bit of handlebar stuck to a gopro foot! It’s a wee bit tall, though.

IMG_1309 by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

If I was to do it again I’d score the tube for extra grip- I ended up sticking on a bit of wet and dry paper as the light slipped a wee bit when getting really knocked around. (but, tbh, it took a real shaking to do it, night downhill!)

!cid_AEDCEAA7-F417-4DE3-8684-98EF3F46E201 by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

chrisdw
    Free Member

I like that. Did you just chop the buckle mount a bit and glue it on top?

I was half thinking of chopping the splines off and screwing/gluing the light straight onto a buckle, reckon that would work? Or would I need a booster to keep the flexible buckle bits from pressing on the bottom of the light?

Northwind

Nah, I went a bit over-industrial, left the mount original and cut a wee hole in the bar, then filled it with araldite. Basically indestructible.

I reckon your approach would work, I wanted vertical tilt for different helmets though. Easy to see other ways to do it- I might go back to it this year and do something a bit less OTT.

DaveE

I use hope bar and helmet mounts, bar universal kit from CRC
    Same single bolt fixing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘GoPro light mounts’ is closed to new replies.