Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Gopro fullface mounts
  • thegman67

Going to Inners this weekend and want to use the adhesive patches that came with the Gopro on my fullface. How secure are they

danrandon
    Free Member

Very secure just make sure you wipe the surface with an alcohol wipe before you stick in on

Northwind

Aye, very secure, I clattered the camera off a tree one time, no fuss. Curved plates generally work best btw and sidemount is IMO better than top.

thegman67

Going to go side mount,thanks guys

jam-bo

Chesty is besty.

batfink
    Free Member

The surface mount on my snowboard helmet had held-on despite countless face-plants.

mrlugz
    Free Member

For side mount on a full face use the helmet mount for a normal trail helmet.

Pass the nylon straps around the chin piece, they will overlap, andthread them through the clamp.

Rock solid mount and a great view.
    shamless plug of me riding, feel free to mock 🙂 and if you watch allthe way/ skip to 5m 10s you see how sturdy the mount is….

thegman67

Won’t let me play the video on youtube saying it’s blocked in my country on copyright grounds

handyandy
    Free Member

as above, use the curved mount on the side of a full face. Give the area a clean then alcohol wipe and it will be very secure. I’ve had a couple of big offs and the mount, complete with gopro, hasnt come loose at all.

MadPierre

An alternative I use which works very well and adds protection for the camera is:

[list][*]Get the elasticated head mount[/*]
    [*]Remove elastic (there are splits in plastic to let you do it non-destructively)[/*]
    [*]Drill a hole in it.[/*]
    [*]Mount by using the adjuster bolt in the middle of your helmet peak to secure the mount under the peak (might not work on all helmets but works a treat on Giro Remedy).[/*][/list]

Here’s my mate with one mounted this way:

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Gopro fullface mounts’ is closed to new replies.