Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • GoPro Chesty…advice
  • t_p
    Free Member

I have a GoPro with a Chesty mount but I seem to have an issue with getting it to point in the right direction. As you can see in my first full edit, here, It seems to piont at the top tube and the ground as soon as I get out of the saddle. I already have it angled as far up as I can.

Has anybody else experienced this problem in the past and know a good and easy fix??

As you can see the Seat post mount works well but I want to be able to vary my camera angle to try and make the videos more interesting.

Cheers

dan314
    Free Member

Do you mount it upside down? If not change it to ‘upside down’ mode and mount it upside down, this gives a better range of angles.

Northwind

There is a straight extension which works very well with the chesty. Usually sold with the helmet front mount. I kind of e-bullied them into giving me one but they can be bought 😉

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.GoPro-Helmet-Front-Mount_49897.htm?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=AdwordsProductAds&utm_campaign=Adwords&gclid=CL_R7snB_rsCFRLMtAoddzYAqw

Other options… Mounting the camera high up on my chest gets it more on the slope of my ribs, that works for me. I think the standard response is to mount it upside down but I change camera mounts a lot and that’s kind of irritating.

t_p
    Free Member

Fantastic suggestion 🙂 Such a simple idea and now I am thinking to myself “why the hell did I not think of this!!” 🙂

I will give that a go next time i use it.
    Thanks!

t_p
    Free Member

Northwind, that extra mount looks perfect but i think I will try the upside down idea first as it is cheap (free) and see how I get on. Always nice to have a backup idea though 🙂

Superficial
    Free Member

Do you mount it upside down? If not change it to ‘upside down’ mode and mount it upside down, this gives a better range of angles.

This.

I find that you need an angle of around 45 degrees between the chest plate and the camera itself. Should be easy enough to achieve without any extra attachments.

sniff
    Free Member

No need to change it to upside down mode on the camera, just flip it using go pro studio

hot_fiat

No need to change it to upside down mode on the camera, just flip it using go pro studio

Presumably in-between reboots, blue screens and general ‘no device connected’ weirdness?

Northwind

Other video flipping methods exist 😉

hot_fiat

Live essentials movie maker is surprisingly good. The latest version of the gopro software is much better than cineform ever was, admittedly. But it still seems to get upset with either the wifi back or the camera if they’re ever connected together.

ryderredman
    Free Member

+1 for upside down. If you just watch and dont make edits VLC easily allows you to rotate 180° for easy viewing

kazafaza
    Free Member

Before the “upside down mode” I’ve mounted the chestie on top of my rucksack’s cheststrap – seemed to do the trick 😉

Anyone else noticed the BPM sound of their pump, most likely on ascents while watching the video?

fazanders
    Free Member

I stuck a bit of old helmet padding to the back of the mount at the bottom which was enough to push the angle out and get a decent angle… £0.00 = 😀

bigjim

Presumably in-between reboots, blue screens and general ‘no device connected’ weirdness?

if you are getting blue screen then it isn’t anything to do with go pro software. I think it’s a great package for free, have the occasional crash but just takes a few secs to reload the rpoject.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘GoPro Chesty…advice’ is closed to new replies.