Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Gooners letting Ramsey go….
  • granny_ring

Or getting rid, what’s that all about? Makes no sense as he’s one of the teams best players…..
    What’s the bigger picture then?

Caher

He wants to win something.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Very strange. Juventus definitely and reportedly PSG, Bayern Munich, Inter Milan all interested. These are some of the biggest clubs in Europe and it is reported Arsenal will not offer a new contract.

ElShalimo

He’s one of those players with a habit of playing well in the big games but can be anonymous against the smaller teams. That must be annoying for the fans.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

He will want more than they are willing to pay, simple at that point, they have valued him and others are willing to pay more, France is certainly a step backwards from the PL.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Good (great?) player no doubt but his demands are more than Arsenal and Unai want to pay, who traditionally, apparently, doesn’t play with a “running on to the play” type midfielder. Dunno about that, just repeating what I read on the internetz.

Who would have guessed that the Corporal would be the last man standing from this photo

Last man standing

handybar
    Free Member

A combination of the player wanting more dosh and the manager not too bothered about fitting the player into his style of play.
    I thought he was excellent for Wales in the last Euro tournament, but for Arsenal he seems to be a form player, who can be anonymous at times, brilliant at others. He did manage to come back from that awful injury so obviously mentally very tough too.
    The gooners are going to end up with no British players at all.

BadlyWiredDog

What’s the bigger picture then?

He wants lots of money. He is relatively injury prone. If Arsenal play with two strikers, the space he breaks into disappears, which effectively means benching either Lacazette or Auba. Mostly though, he’s too expensive – you can have three or four talented young players like Maitland-Niles or Reiss Nelson etc for the price of one Ramsay.

Also, Ozil has eaten up a big slice of the wages budget. I reckon he’ll be out of the door in the summer, not least because in the Premier League, it’s entirely acceptable to simply barge him off the ball and run off without sanction and it sort of sets the tone for other teams to try and kick us off the field in a traditional Tony Pulis sort of style.

darksideby182

Clearly doesn’t fit into Emerys style of play as he hasn’t played/started that much and wants a lot of money from hear say.
    Also Carl Jenkinson is still an Arsenal player (far left in the photo).

handybar
    Free Member

Perhaps also the new powers-at-be at Arsenal have a policy of deliberately bringing down the wage-bill – which started to get out of control in the last four years, especially Ozil.
    Maybe looking over at their north london neighbours wage-bill with envy…

Bimbler
    Free Member

Also Carl Jenkinson is still an Arsenal player (far left in the photo)

Yes, Corporal Jenko, the last man standing :rolleyes:

Bimbler
    Free Member

He wants to win something.

Ramsey winning something

schrickvr6
    Free Member

There was a “contract on the table” and he was ready to sign it but for whatever reason the offer was withdrawn at the last minute, it was never about him wanting to leave to win something but most likely more incompetence from the owner/board/management.

mrwhyte
    Free Member

It was withdrawn on Emerys advice apparently. Ramsey did not want to go, but I think he was looking for a package similar to Ozil. I’d happily get rid of Ozil with his 300k and keep Ramsey any time.

granny_ring

There was a “contract on the table” and he was ready to sign it but for whatever reason the offer was withdrawn at the last minute

This.Was there one minute and gone the next, so must be down to Dick Emery?

I’d happily get rid of Ozil with his 300k and keep Ramsey any time.

Agree totally.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Yeah I’m gutted to see Rambogogo and I’d be love to see the back of Ozil but we’re probably stuck with him until the end of time.

I’d seen that myself about Emery but have my doubts, same shite that’s been going on for years with Kroenke at the helm, Gazidis and Dick Law and Order should have had him tied down to a long term contract years ago.

granny_ring

`Done deal them, gutted.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

France is certainly a step backwards from the PL

Football fans always assume that players want to test themselves in the ‘best league’, when in reality most players are driven by cash, and I’d imagine some of them even want to experience other cultures and a different style of football.

Given the choice of living in Turin, Bavaria or some of the lovely countryside surrounding Milan, or that London?.

meesterbond

Football fans always assume that players want to test themselves in the ‘best league’, when in reality most players are driven by cash

As a West Ham fan whose main striker apparently wants to go to China ‘to win trophies’, I’d say the quote above was pretty much spot on.
    There are exceptions who do actually seem to care about the club they’re playing for, but with 15 year max career at the top level I don’t think I can blame them for chasing as much cash as possible when the opportunities arise.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, I don’t blame them –

Chairmen are daft enough to pay the money – Sky is daft enough to pay the money to the league – folk are daft enough to pay sky! 🙂

scuttler

+1 ref Arnautovic. He’s made for the Premier League but would fair equally well anywhere in Europe however he apparently chooses to go to China. Reminds me of that legendary Mrs Merton question to Debbie McGee.

bukobuko
    Free Member

Looks like Planning for the long term with the new manager. Success doesn’t come straight away since the club was left in a right mess. You can look at individual players all you want but the team is key and they have no defense and no leaders. I still think the Owner is the main problem since they haven’t won anything big for a long time or even come close.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

they have no defense and no leaders

I don’t buy that, the defence isn’t that bad, we’ve got players that will get stuck in in midfield and we’ve got a couple of damn good goal scorers, what we’ve got a glaring lack of right now is creativity. We’re relying on Iwobi, I know a lot hate him but I think he’s got really good potential but he shouldn’t be first choice. Nelson on loan, Mik injured, Ramsey thrown away, Ozil given a £350k contract then left to rot, who or what else is there?
    I see Kroenke not spending anything, fans will quickly turn toxic and Emery won’t get a fair shout and we’re going to freefall.

PiknMix
    Free Member

As a West Ham fan whose main striker apparently wants to go to China ‘to win trophies

He wants to go to China to escape the massive gambling debts he owes! I’ll be glad to see the back of him and his brother. COYI.

granny_ring

‘defence not that bad’

Are you sure….it’s been our weakest link for years I’d say in the centre at least. I’d like to see a quality player bought in there to bolster the ranks.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

It’s bad granted but I don’t think it’s our biggest problem right now.

binners

I’ve always been mystified by the Arse just letting players run their contracts down. He’s hardly the first.

But what I really don’t get is having someone on 200 grand a week who is clearly not figuring in the managers plans and isn’t getting a game

Should be an interesting game later if Chelski continue with this bizarre formation with Hazard as a striker

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Wow

Aaron Ramsey: Arsenal midfielder signs £400k-a-week deal to join Juventus

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47203118

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Brilliant move for him, best of luck. Fans of the old lady will be hoping for another John Charles…

Though Rush did pretty well there too, contrary to what the press tell us.

handybar
    Free Member

He is a decent player, but 400k a week?! Surely a sign the football bubble is about to burst.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

its changed to 350k a week now so im not sure that figures remotely correct – there was reports it was 140k a week (hes on a 100k at arsenal) – Italian clubs do a yearly wage chart where the public can see the top earners

ronaldos at 500k a week

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Surely a sign the football bubble is about to burst.

You’re really just noticing this? I’d suggest you refrain from looking up the wages that some of the absolute mediocrity get paid in England.

MSP

A few seasons ago, he had a great start to the season and looked like a player who could belong in that “world class” player bracket. But he has followed that up with at best 3 seasons of mediocrity. If he can consistently rise to the level he displayed for that half a season, it will be a good deal for Juventus, but more likely if he continues his “nearly man” form, it will be an expensive mistake.

The lack of transfer fee obviously gave Juventus more wiggle room for his pay, but IMO he isn’t worth half of what they are paying him (at current rates). That puts him on more than any of the Man City team, and lets be honest, he wouldn’t make citehs starting line up, and would be lucky to make their matchday squad when everyone is fit.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

agreed with above – a few seasons back he really was pretty much up there with the best midfielders in the world, he looked top class, a real goal threat and classy on the ball

as you say – no fee for Juventus is a no brainer to bump his wages up – he has a lot of great potential still but it just appears to have fizzed out for him at arsenal – though im not surprised with the fiasco of his contract offer being retracted

be interesting see how he does at another club though maybe bring out the best in him!

PrinceJohn

Surely a sign the football bubble is about to burst.

I can’t remember who it was, but Leeds were signing a player in their recent(ish) glory days & he went in with a number in mind that he & his agent were going to open their negotiations with. Leeds then offered them twice that amount.
    Wonder if the same thing has happened here.
    Or maybe they thought they were signing someone called Gordon to cook.

136stu
    Free Member

I can’t remember who it was, but Leeds were signing a player in their recent(ish) glory days & he went in with a number in mind that he & his agent were going to open their negotiations with. Leeds then offered them twice that amount

Sniggers – Seth Johnson

binners

I hope he replicates the devastating form that Sanchez has produced for us

Worth every penny of his absolutely enormous salary

Something tells me he won’t be featuring in Ole’s plans for next season

granny_ring

I wish him well whatever his Salary may be.

mrwhyte
    Free Member

Gutted to see him go. It is a player we really need at the moment, someone creative, can score goals but also gets stuck in. I cannot help but think that Emery is trying to dismantle anything to do with the Wenger era, even if that means not playing and letting go of our most creative players. Emery probably does not want another PSG dressing room on his hands.

handybar
    Free Member

Juventus have now said he is value for money as Arsenal never played him in his best position – which is true, as they often played him on the bench.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Gooners letting Ramsey go….’ is closed to new replies.